How to set up museum tours using WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin
In this guide, we will tell you how you can set up different museum tours using WooCommerce Bookings plugin and take a real-life example to help you understand how it’s done.
The Business Case
Titanic Belfast is situated within the heart of Titanic Quarter, just a short walk from Belfast’s city centre. The one-hour tour provides an opportunity to walk in the footsteps of the men who built RMS Titanic, the world’s most famous ship, in Belfast’s historic shipyard.
Below are the requirements for the Titanic Belfast museum tour:
- Maximum of 50 visitors are allowed for any given hour.
- Customers will be able to cancel bookings 1 day before the booking starts.
- The tour runs from 10 AM to 9 PM
- The ticket price is $10 per adult and $5 per child.
- Customer will have the option to choose a private guided tour or not – at an additional cost of $50
WooCommerce Bookings Plugin features used:
This feature will help in setting up the booking duration of the event.
Allows to set up the option to chose whether they want the guided tour or not.
The feature allows users to add a section along with the booking calendar where customers can enter a numerical value.
Solution using WooCommerce Bookings Plugin:
Kindly follow the below steps to fulfil the complete business requirement:
- Create a Bookable Product, say “Titanic Belfast”.
- Set up Booking Period under the Booking tab.
- Enable the booking period Fixed Blocks of 1 Hour(s).
- Set Maximum Bookings per block as 50.
- Enable the Remaining Bookings option to display the number of tickets left for any given hour.
- Enable “Allow Cancellations” to allow the visitors to cancel the booking 1 day prior to the booking.
- Provide the Daily Booking Times as event timings where the First booking starts at 10 AM and Last Booking starts at 8 PM. Please note that we need to provide the last booking start time and not the end time (which is 9 PM).
- Under the Bookings Resources tab:
- Select “Single Resources per booking”.
- And the resource label “Do you require a Private guide?”
- Under the Booking Participants tab, set the minimum number of adults to 1 and the booking cost of the adult to $15 and child to $5.
- Enable the option Consider each participant as a separate booking as each participant will be provided with a different event ticket, and the same will be deducted from max bookings per block. For example, if a customer books for 5 participants, then 5 bookings will be considered and thus there will be 45 seats remaining.
- Voila! Now we have completely set up the museum tour booking for Titanic Belfast as illustrated below:
- Cost of 2 Adults and 2 kids and private guide are as follows:
2 Adults: 2*15 = $30
2 Kids: 2 * 5 = $10
Private Guide = $50
Thus the total booking cost is $90 as shown in the screenshot below:
There you go! That’s how easy it is to set up museum tour booking using WooCommerce Bookings plugin from PluginHive.
If you have any doubts or need help setting up Bookings on your WooCommerce-based website then feel free to Contact PluginHive Customer Support. Our support team should be able to help you out.