Shopify Australia Post reduces your efforts substantially by automating Australia Post Shipping on your Shopify store. With this App, you can display live/real-time shipping estimates on your Shopify checkout page, print shipping labels and enable order tracking from within your Shopify store. This guide will help you set up Australia Post Rates and Labels app on your Shopify store.
In this article we will cover:
- Setting Up Australia Post Rates and Labels App on your Shopify Store?
- How to Generate Australia Post Shipping Labels in bulk for Multiple Orders?
- How to Generate the Australia Post Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Manual Mode”?
- How to Generate Manifest for the orders from your Shopify Store?
- How to View Live Australia Post Shipping Rates on the Checkout Page?
Setting Up Australia Post Rates And Labels App On Your Shopify Store
You can find the “Shopify App Settings” by clicking on the Apps option on your store.
You can go to the following sections in order to perform various actions.
This section contains the shipping labels generated and also the pending orders.
This section contains the pickup history of all your orders. Also, you can view the pickups that you have scheduled in this section.
This section contains the options to set up the Shopify Australia Post App including the Australia Post account details, shipping services, packaging, address, and much more.
This section contains the Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Australia Post Rates and Labels app.
This section displays the help documents for Australia Post Rates and Labels app.
For more information on installing the Australia Post Rates and Labels app, refer the tutorial below.
Click on the Settings section to set up the app, based on your requirement. After clicking, you will be directed to the following page.
Under “Settings”, you can find the following sections:
This section contains the settings related to the Australia Post account details.
- Enter your Australia Post account details and make sure you entered it correctly.
- If you are using a Production Account, please enable the “Production Key” option.
- Enable the Rate Cost, whether “With Tax” or “Without Tax” and the Classification Type.
- Now, click on Save.
This section contains the settings related to the “Shipping Labels”.
- Choose the Shipping Label Type from the following options:
- Select the “Parcel Post Label Layout”, “Express Post Label Layout”, “StarTrack Label Layout”, “StarTrack Courier Label Layout”, and “StarTrack On Demand Label Layout” from the dropdown list.
- Now, click on Save.
This section contains the automation settings to streamline the Australia Post shipping on your Shopify store.
- Rates Selection Strategy (If Customer Selection Is Unavailable)
In case the customer selected service is not available for shipping, for example, Free Shipping or Flat Rates, then you can automatically choose to select the “Cheapest available shipping service” based on the address.
- Forward Labels
These are the normal shipping labels. Here, you can enable or disable the “Insurance” for the shipments. Also, if you enable the “Use Customer Selected Rates (If Available)”, the app will automatically print shipping labels with the same shipping service which is selected by the customers at the time of placing the order from your store.
- Return Labels
Similar to the forward labels, you can enable or disable the “Insurance” for the return shipments. Also, you can enable the automatic generation of return labels along with the forward labels. This option is only available for the Australia Domestic Shipments.
- Product Settings
The default weight(grams) has to be added to each product imported from Shopify if the weight for the product is configured as 0 in Shopify. Also, you can add the dimensions of the product.
This section includes all the shipping services along with the price adjustment options for these rates.
- Enable any shipping service by selecting the Enabled option. On the cart page, you can see only those shipping rates which you have enabled.
- You can even change the shipping service’s Display Name if you don’t want to show the actual service’s name on the cart page.
- The Shopify Australia Post app provides Price Adjustment using the following options
- Adjustment Value – You can enter the exact amount which you want to add to the shipping rates.
- Adjustment (%) – You can enter the percentage value which you wish to add to the shipping rates.
If you want to provide a discount on the shipping rates, add a ‘-‘ sign before the value or the percentage that you want to provide (for example -60% will provide 60% discount).
This section includes all the settings related to product packing. There are two options available in Packaging:
- Weight-Based Packaging
- Box Packaging
- Packing Method – Select Weight-based packing method if you want to pack the products based on their weight. This method allows you to pack different products together in a single package.
- Max Weight – You can set the maximum weight up to which all the products can be packed in a single package. If the weight of the products exceeds this Max Weight, remaining products in the cart will be packed into another package.
- Weight Unit – You can choose from different units of weights and dimensions.
- Box Packing method uses pre-defined boxes configured in the app which includes Australia Post Boxes and Custom Boxes configured by the User. The algorithm packs all the items in the Order into the boxes in the most efficient manner by taking into account the following factors:
1. Box Dimensions and Item Dimensions
2. Box weight and Item weight
If none of the boxes are capable of fitting an item, then that specific item will be self packed into an individual package.
There is an option for selecting the type of box which can be used to ship the products.
This section includes all the settings related to the Australia Post pickup requests. The “Pickup” option is required only for the Ad-hoc pickup for StarTrack products.
- Pickup Start Time – It indicates the time after which Australia Post can provide pickup for your packages.
- Company Close Time – It indicates the time after which Australia Post cannot provide pickup for your packages.
- Pickup Address – Set the address of your store/warehouse from where Australia Post can pick up your packages.
This section displays the ship from address for shipping rates calculation as well as shipping label generation.
How To Use Australia Post Rates and Labels App on your Shopify Store?
The following video shows how to use Shopify Australia Post Rates and Labels App on your online store.
How to Generate Australia Post Shipping Labels in bulk for Multiple Orders?
In order to generate the Australia Post Shipping Labels for all your orders, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Orders Tab.
- Select all the orders for which you want the Australia Post Shipping Labels
- Click on Actions
- Click on Auto-Generate Labels to generate Australia Post shipping labels for all the selected orders.
- This will redirect you to the Shipping section
- Now you can download the shipping labels for all the orders by clicking on the Download Label option. Or, you can click on Cancel Label to avoid the shipment.
- Once the label is downloaded, you have to Confirm the order. Select the order and click on “Confirm orders”.
- A sample label is given below.
- Click on Track Order in order to track your package using the Australia Post shipment tracking details.
How to Generate the Australia Post Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Manual Mode”?
In order to generate the Australia Post Shipping Label for a single order, using the Manual Mode, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Order details page of the order for which you want the Australia Post Shipping Label.
- Click on More Actions.
- Click on Generate Labels to manually generate Australia Post shipping labels for the selected order.
- This will redirect you to the Manual Label Generation Page.
- Select the appropriate From Address for the Australia Post Label.
- The packages will be generated based on the Packaging Method (weight-based or box packing) configured in the App settings.
- Add or Edit packages manually if required.
- Click Refresh to get new Australia Post rates based on the From Address and packages.
- Then click on Generate to initiate Label Generation.
How to Generate Manifest for the orders from your Shopify Store?
Once the order is marked as confirmed, you have to generate the Manifest for the orders. To generate Manifest, follow these steps:
- Go to the Manifest section in Shopify Australia Post Rates and Labels App. Here, you will see the list of orders which was marked as confirmed.
- Select the orders and click on Download Manifest.
- A sample Manifest is given below.
How to View Live Australia Post Shipping Rates on the Checkout Page?
In order to view the live Australia Post Shipping Rates on your checkout page, please follow the steps below:
- Configure your Australia Post Account in the settings section of Shopify Australia Post Rates and Labels App.
- Make sure that the correct Address has been configured as the “default address” in the app.
- You will get the live Australia Post shipping rates on the checkout page as shown below.
Hence, these are the settings of the Shopify Australia Post App and how you can set up the app based on your shipping requirements. We also discussed how to get live Australia Post shipping rates at the Shopify checkout page. If you face any issues or have any query with the setting up of the app, feel free to contact our customer support.