If you ship to international markets, choosing to offer services to Australia is a wise decision. With more and more consumers feeling comfortable with shopping online, they’re more likely to shop internationally. There are so many eCommerce brands based in the United States that it is very likely your business will be an attractive shopping hub for potential Australian customers.
Shipping from USA to Australia is a long process. In fact, it’s almost 9,500 miles. Rather than just shipping across the border to Mexico or Canada, packages are crossing multiple oceans and countries to reach their destination. You need to ensure your packages arrive safely in one piece, efficiently, quickly – and for as little cost as possible.
The US has multiple shipping companies that are trusted for shipping internationally. USPS, FedEx, and UPS each offer specific international rates, discounts, and packages for businesses. Deciding which to offer to your international customers, if not all of them, can be a tough question to answer.
To help you understand which shipping company is best for each important aspect your customers may value, here is a quick overview of the international rates for USPS, FedEx, and UPS.
USPS Shipping to Australia
USPS Shipping rates available to ship packages internationally to Australia with USPS are listed below. Each option comes with free order tracking and either unlimited or up to $400 shipment value insurance.
USPS Global Express Guaranteed®
- Takes anywhere between 1 to 3 business days to arrive, depending on where the package is heading and where it’s coming from – major cities play a huge factor in shortening the length of shipping time
- Packages must be under 70 pounds to be shipped with Global Express. These shipments are managed by FedEx
- The cost of shipping starts at $101.00
USPS Priority Mail Express International
- Takes between 3 to 5 business days to arrive at your customer’s destination in Australia
- Packages need to be under 70 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $69.35
USPS Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate
- Takes 3 to 5 business days but as long as the package is under 4 pounds, the cost remains the same
- This option is great for businesses that tend to sell smaller items or the same item
- The cost of shipping starts at $69.95
USPS Priority Mail International
- Takes anywhere between 6 to 10 business days to arrive and must be under 70 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $55.70
USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate
- Takes between 6 to 10 business days and needs to be under 20 pounds in weight
- The cost of shipping starts at $40.15
USPS First‑Class Package International Service
- The longest shipping time for a package at 11 to 20 business days. It’s also the cheapest option because of its extended delivery time
- Packages must weigh under 4 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $18.25
FedEx shipping to Australia
FedEx Shipping rates for packages being shipped to Australia from the USA using FedEx as of January 2022. Tracking is included with all international shipments. Insurance is also offered.
FedEx International Priority® Express
- A new service provided to FedEx international shipments. Each shipment from the USA to 220 international countries, including Australia, is promised within 1 to 3 business days
- Shipments can be scheduled before noon on the delivery date
- The cost of shipping starts at $128.25
FedEx International First®
- Packages can be scheduled to arrive in the early morning of the delivery date
- Shipments are promised to arrive in either 1, 2, or 3 business days depending on the distance travelled
- The cost of shipping starts at $88.25
FedEx International Priority®
- Packages can be scheduled for later in the day on the day of delivery
- For shipments going to Australia from the USA, it typically takes anywhere between 2 and 4 days to arrive
- The cost of shipping starts at $85.50
FedEx International Economy
- The prices are based on the weight and size of the package being shipped and doesn’t have a delivery deadline guarantee
- However, most shipments arrive at their destination between 3 to 6 business days
UPS Shipping to Australia
UPS Shipping rates for shipping internationally to Australia from the USA. All packages come with their own tracking codes and insurance guarantees.
UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- Takes about 1-3 business days to arrive at its destination but can arrive as early as 8 am on the day of delivery
- Calculate the cost of shipping using the UPS Shipping calculator
UPS Worldwide Express
- Takes 1 to 3 business days and is usually delivered between 10 am and 12:30 pm
- Calculate the cost of shipping using the UPS Shipping Calculator
UPS Worldwide Express Saver
- Packages are delivered before the end of the day on or before the third business day
- The cost of shipping starts at $63
UPS Worldwide Expedited
- Usually the cheapest option for UPS shipments but takes up to 5 days to arrive
- The cost of shipping starts at $72
All customs labels and requirements are generated automatically for UPS, USPS, and FedEx right from the post office, business app, or your website. Not only do you get access to the tools offered by each company but you also receive live-tracking capability, automatic shipping label generation, and cost calculations at check out.
Shipping with PluginHive provides your business with everything you need to streamline your business from checkout until parcels reach their final destination. Learn more about integrating PluginHive into your Shopify, WooCommerce, or another eCommerce platform by reaching out to our customer support team.