Shopify offers a wide range of payment gateway options to help merchants accept payments from customers. The Shopify Payment Gateway offers a seamless checkout experience for customers and is easy to set up. However, it has some limitations when it comes to its availability.
Shopify Payments is currently available only in certain countries, so not all merchants can use it. Apart from this, it does not support multiple currencies, has limited customization options, and charges a transaction fee for each sale which is added on top of the regular payment processing fees.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best payment gateways for Shopify so that you can choose to use the right payment gateway depending on your business needs and location.
Stripe payment gateway integrates with Shopify to provide a seamless checkout experience for online merchants. The integration between Stripe and Shopify is smooth and secure, using state-of-the-art security measures to protect your customers’ payment information. It also supports multiple currencies and global payments, making it easy to sell to customers all over the world. So, if you’re looking for a payment gateway that is simple to set up, easy to use, and secure, then Stripe is a great option to consider.
- Multiple payment options including credit/debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and others
- Convenient setup with no need for a merchant account or extra gateway configuration
- Customizable checkout that offers a personalized experience for customers
- Comprehensive reporting and transaction analytics
- Superior customer support with a variety of resources and support options
Stripe charges a flat rate of 2.9% + $0.30 fee per transaction
PayPal is one of the popular Shopify payment providers that enables merchants to accept online payments. With PayPal, customers can securely pay for their purchases using their PayPal account, credit or debit cards, or bank transfers. PayPal and Shopify integrate seamlessly, allowing for a smooth checkout experience for your customers. With its reputation for security and ease of use, PayPal is a trusted and reliable choice for online merchants looking to accept payments through Shopify.
- Payment acceptance in more than 203 countries
- Customizable checkout for a unique experience for the customers
- Reporting and analytics to track your sales and monitor the performance of your business
- Enabling customers to pay for their purchases on their mobile devices
- Prompt Customer support
The basic plan starts at 2.9% + $0.30 fee per transaction.
Authorize.Net integrates with Shopify to provide a secure and convenient way for online merchants to accept payments. With Authorize.Net, you can accept credit and debit cards, as well as eCheck payments from customers. It is the perfect option if you’re looking for a Shopify Payment Gateway that suits all kinds of business be it small or large, and comes with multiple plans.
- Advanced security measures to protect your customers’ payment information
- Smooth and easy integration
- Supports Multi-currency
- Provides fraud detection and prevention tools
- Excellent customer support
Authorize.net has a setup fee of $49 and a 2.9% + $0.30 fee per transaction.
Klarna is one of the Shopify payment gateways that provides a flexible and convenient way to accept payments. It has a variety of payment options, including instant financing and delayed payment options, allowing customers to choose the payment method that works best for them. This can result in increased sales and improved customer satisfaction.
- Installment Payment options
- Seamless integration
- Global reach with multiple currencies
- Complete and secured payment gateway
The pricing for Klarna can vary depending on the payment methods you choose to offer and your country of operation. When receiving payments from the United Kingdom or Ireland, you pay 2.49% + 0.20 GBP per transaction.
Amazon Pay allows Shopify store owners to accept payments from their customers using their Amazon account information, making the checkout process faster and more convenient. With Amazon Pay, customers don’t need to enter their shipping and billing information each time they make a purchase, as their information is securely stored in their Amazon account.
- Secured transactions and protection from fraud & unauthorized access
- Seamlessly integrates with Shopify
- 24×7 customer support
- Fast and seamless checkout experience for the customers
The transaction starts at 2.9% + $0.30.
Worldpay is a leading global payment gateway that is integrated with Shopify. This payment method allows merchants to sell their products online, and accept payments online, over the phone, and via credit/debit cards. It offers a flexible pricing model, allowing store owners to choose the pricing option that best suits their needs. One of the major advantages of WorldPay is that it offers support for more than 120 currencies. Additionally, it does not impose any fees for refund transactions.
- Dependable customer support
- Pricing is based on the volume of sales processed
- State-of-the-art fraud protection measures
- Availability in over 100 countries worldwide
It has two pricing plans Standard and Advanced Gateways that cost 19 GBP and 45 GBP per month, respectively.
Opayo, formerly known as SagePay, is a well-regarded payment solution available to merchants in the United States and the United Kingdom who use Shopify. Its unique pricing model sets it apart from other high-risk payment solutions. The payment software can be utilized both online and offline, providing access to various card terminals, online payments, phone orders, and more.
- Exceptional customer support
- User-friendly interface
- Seamless integration with Shopify
- Economical pricing model
In terms of pricing, Opayo operates differently compared to other Shopify payment options. Instead of transaction fees, there are monthly fees, starting at 19 GBP for 350 transactions or fewer per month.
We hope this list provides a comprehensive overview of the various Shopify payment options available. The ideal payment method for your Shopify store will depend on numerous factors, including the nature of your business. When making a decision, it is important to consider the balance between cost and the features that you will benefit from.
Looking to boost sales and streamline your shipping process? Reach out to PluginHive’s Shipping Experts today for expert assistance!