As of 2019, about 47 million people have shopped online from Mexico (that’s about 7 out of every 10 internet users). There’s no denying that Mexico is an excellent market to get into if you’re selling online from the United States. Because it’s so close, packages arrive much faster than shipping overseas. It’s still important to keep reliability in mind especially when shipping high-value items across the border.
Offering multiple shipping service options to your customers across the border will allow them to choose which rate best suits their needs based on their budget and time requirements – as well as personal preference. FedEx, UPS, and USPS are all options available through the PluginHive’s Shopify shipping app and WooCommerce shipping plugin which provides multiple options to your customers. Not just the integration, but your customers get automatic and easy access to live order tracking, instant shipping costs based on multiple options, and more.
USPS Shipping to Mexico
USPS Shipping rates available to ship packages internationally to Mexico are listed below. Each option comes with free tracking and either unlimited or up to $400 shipment value insurance.
USPS Global Express Guaranteed®
- Takes anywhere between 1 to 3 business days to arrive, depending on where the package is heading and where it’s coming from – major cities play a huge factor in shortening the length of shipping time.
- Packages must be under 70 pounds to be shipped with Global Express These shipments are managed by FedEx
- The cost of shipping starts at $67.80
USPS Priority Mail Express International
- Takes between 3 to 5 business days to arrive at your customer’s destination in Mexico
- Packages need to be under 70 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $64.25
USPS Priority Mail Express International Flat Rate
- Takes 3 to 5 business days but as long as the package is under 4 pounds, the cost remains the same
- This option is great for businesses that tend to sell smaller items or the same item
- The cost of shipping starts at $45.95
USPS Priority Mail International
- Takes anywhere between 6 to 10 business days to arrive and must be under 70 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $55.70
USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate
- Takes between 6 to 10 business days and needs to be under 20 pounds in weight
- The cost of shipping starts at $28.50
USPS First Class Package International Service
- Longest shipping time for a package at 11 to 20 business days.
- It’s also the cheapest option because of its extended delivery time. Packages must weigh under 4 pounds
- The cost of shipping starts at $20.66
FedEx Shipping to Mexico
FedEx Shipping rates for packages being shipped to Mexico from the USA using FedEx as of January 2022. Tracking is included with all international shipments. Insurance is also offered.
FedEx International Priority® Express
- Each shipment from the USA to 220 international countries, including Mexico, is promised within 1 to 3 business days
- Shipments can be scheduled before noon on the delivery date
- The cost of shipping starts at $74.00
FedEx International First®
- Packages can be scheduled to arrive in the early morning of the delivery date
- Shipments are promised to arrive in either 1, 2, or 3 business days depending on the distance travelled
- The cost of shipping starts at $114.00
FedEx International Priority®
- Packages can be scheduled for later in the day on the day of delivery
- For shipments going to Mexico from the USA, it typically takes anywhere between 2 and 4 days to arrive
- The cost of shipping starts at $71.75
FedEx International Economy
- Prices are based on the weight and size of the package being shipped and doesn’t have a delivery deadline guarantee
- Most shipments arrive at their destination between 3 to 6 business days
UPS Shipping to Mexico
UPS Shipping rates for shipping internationally to Mexico from the USA. All packages come with their own tracking codes and insurance guarantees.
UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- Takes about 1-3 business days to arrive at its destination but can arrive as early as 8 am on the day of delivery
- The cost of shipping can be calculated here.
UPS Worldwide Express
- Takes 1 to 3 business days and is usually delivered between 10 am and 12:30 pm
- The cost of shipping can be calculated here.
UPS Worldwide Express Saver
- Packages will be delivered before the end of the day on or before the third business day
- The cost of shipping starts at about $60
UPS Worldwide Expedited
- Usually the cheapest option for UPS shipments but takes up to 5 days to arrive
- The cost of shipping starts at about $70
Public shipping companies such as USPS tend to be cheaper to ship products internationally, especially if packages are over 10 pounds in weight. Private companies like UPS and FedEx can get packages to destinations much quicker typically, however they come with higher costs. Offering multiple options allows your customers to choose which shipping company and rate best matches what they want or need.
Shipping with PluginHive provides your business with everything you need to streamline your business from checkout until parcels reach their final destination. Learn more about integrating PluginHive into your Shopify, WooCommerce, or another eCommerce platform by reaching out to our customer support team.