Do you know around 18% of customers abandon carts because the pricing is unclear?
One of the best ways to optimize your conversion & expand your business overseas is to let customers switch to their local currency. WooCommerce doesn’t allow currency conversion on its own. So, here are some of the best free & premium WooCommerce multi-currency plugins to switch and display the cost in multiple currencies. Also, we have pointed out the benefits of the currency switcher to help you choose the right bet for your Woocommerce store!
Best WooCommerce Multi Currency Plugins
- CURCY – WooCommerce Multi Currency – Currency Switcher
- WooCommerce Currency Switcher by Woobewoo
- YayCurrency – WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher
- Currency Switcher for WordPress
- Price Based on Country for WooCommerce
- Premmerce Multi-currency for Woocommerce
- WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (WPML)
- Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
1. CURCY – WooCommerce Multi Currency – Currency Switcher
WooCommerce Multi Currency is a must-have multiple currency plugin for your WooCommerce store if you are planning on an intuitive option that eliminates a huge chunk of your manual work. This plugin can detect the customer’s location and switch to their native currency automatically and helps your store accept payments in multiple currencies. It works seamlessly both on the checkout page as well as the product details page.
- Accept payment in all currencies or set one fixed currency
- Easy interface with floating bars & widgets
- Setting up exchange rates manually or automatically
- Offers multi-currency for the product price, shipping price, taxes & discount price
2. WooCommerce Currency Switcher by Woobewoo
WooCommerce Currency Switcher offers the latest exchange rates with crypto compare & free platform converters. It also allows you to display prices in multiple currencies, use an unlimited number of currencies, and set the exchange rate for each currency manually or automatically. The best part about this plugin is you can use this plugin within your smartphones.
- Unlimited currencies with adding & hiding options based on the requirements
- Updating exchange rates on an hourly, daily, or even monthly basis.
- Compatible with WordPress Themes
- Customization of currency switcher design with preferred buttons, position & colors
3. YayCurrency – WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher
Is your online store a multi-language website? So you translate your products and content into other languages. Why not localize the currencies as well?
With a WooCommerce Currency Switcher like YayCurrency, you will have a multi-currency converter do the rest of the job. It automatically detects the location of the visitors and immediately displays the product prices according to their country.
- Update Exchange Rate Automatically: The plugin updates exchange rates automatically. You can set the auto-update time by day, week, or month.
- Set Exchange Rate Manually: The plugin also allows you to set the exchange rate manually.
- Conversion Fee: Every time you convert money from one currency to another, the bank or money transfer operator may charge a conversion fee. The difference between the exchange rate you wish to apply and the real exchange rate traded in the market is the exchange rate fee. YayCurrency allows you to add permanent exchange fees to exchange rates.
- Price Formatting: Configure how prices are displayed on the frontend. Example: $100; 100$; $100.00; $99…
- Fixed Product Price Based on Each Currency: It allows you to set custom prices in different currencies for each product. The fixed prices override the prices calculated by exchange rates.
- Multiple Currency Switcher: A currency toggle will appear on the header, footer, WooCommerce product page, or any page/post where you add the shortcode.
With $49 for a single site, more than 160+ currencies supported in YayCurrency will get the products and services you offer to go global!
4. Currency Switcher for WordPress
Currency Switcher for WordPress is one of the widely used multi currency plugins. It is designed to help WooCommerce site owners to add multiple currencies to offer their customers a convenient shopping experience. This plugin can help you increase your overall sales by allowing your visitors to easily switch to their preferred currency.
- Fetching real-time exchange rates automatically
- Unlimited currency options on your WooCommerce store
- Switching to the preferred currency with a click
5. Price Based on Country for WooCommerce
Price Based on Country for WooCommerce plugin detects automatically the country of the website visitor through the geolocation feature & displays the currency accordingly. Also, when the country is changed at the checkout page, the cart & the product details are updated to display the currency of the selected country. This plugin turns out the best if you want to eliminate manual work with automatic exchange rates, CSV importer & exporter.
- Supports multiple currencies within your WooCommerce store
- Allow customers to change the country at the checkout with the currency switcher widget
- Compatible with WPML
6. Premmerce Multi-currency for Woocommerce
Premmerce Multi-currency for Woocommerce enables you to start your multi-currency WooCommerce store with easy & flexible settings. It allows you to set the price for each product in different currencies at a professional level. It provides automated currency changes and geolocation support. Furthermore, it allows you to add a custom currency by displaying only the currency required for sale.
- Allows you to create two identical currencies with different exchange rates
- Automatic currency rate updates
- Supports multiple currencies on your WooCommerce store
- Frontend price formatting
7. WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency (WPML)
With the WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency plugin, you can run a multilingual store with multiple currencies. If you’re only interested in adding multicurrency features to your WooCommerce store, you can use the plugin for free. The standalone version makes it possible to display products in multiple currencies, set automatic exchange rates, and set custom prices in different currencies. To make your store multilingual, add WPML into the mix. This gives you access to additional premium features such as translating your entire WooCommerce store, translating store emails, automatic content translation, and more!
- Display product prices in multiple currencies based on the customer’s location or language
- Set custom pricing & shipping rates using automatic or configurable exchange rates
- Translate your entire WooCommerce site, including Cart and Checkout pages
- Set up different payment methods for each currency
- Allow visitors to easily switch between languages & currencies on the front-end
Free (standalone version)
Full Features (with WPML) starting from $39/month
8. Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
Currency Switcher for WooCommerce is a powerful plugin that allows you to seamlessly integrate multiple currencies into your existing store, eliminating the need for complex conversion calculations. With its easy setup and user-friendly interface, you can confidently offer your clients a hassle-free way to buy products across the world while paying in their local currencies.
- Add unlimited currencies and flags
- Currency exchange rates update automatically
- Display currency switcher on shop, cart, and checkout pages
- Allow customers to pay in their selected currencies
One-year plan: $99 for one website
Benefits of WooCommerce Multi Currency Plugin
Improves Customer Experience
Improves the overall experience of your customers by offering the prices of your products in their native currency. They don’t have to use other apps to convert given prices into the currency they are familiar with.
Automatic WooCommerce Currency Switcher
Most plugins offer hassle-free and automatic currency conversion in real time hence avoiding any confusion and inaccurate pricing.
Better business expansion
The right multi-currency plugin allows you to reach your audience worldwide and expand your business in different parts of the world.
With this, we conclude our list of WooCommerce Multi Currency Plugins and the benefits of choosing the right plugin for your business.
So, if you are looking for a plugin that allows you to offer multiple currencies within your Woocommerce store, then CURCY – WooCommerce Multi-Currency, YayCurrency – WooCommerce Multi-Currency Switcher, and Premmerce Multi-currency for Woocommerce are worth a try.
However, if you are willing to give your customers a flexible experience, enabling them to switch to their preferred currency then WooCommerce Currency Switcher by Woobewoo & Currency Switcher for WordPress are the ideal bets.
Price Based on Country for WooCommerce also allows switching at the checkout with the currency switcher widget. But this plugin is best when you are looking for an automated solution with import, export & auto-update options.
We hope this article will help you choose the right WooCommerce Multi Currency Plugin.
Are you shipping internationally & interested in learning more about how PluginHive can provide you with the perfect shipping solution to meet the needs of your growing eCommerce business? Reach out for a conversation with our team of experts today.