- Shopify FedEx App reduces your efforts substantially by automating FedEx shipping on your Shopify store. With the app, you can display real-time FedEx shipping estimates on your Shopify checkout page, pay the postage & print FedEx shipping labels, and enable shipment tracking from within your Shopify store.
In this guide
- How to integrate FedEx with Shopify to completely automate the order fulfillment process?
- Setting Up FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App on your Shopify Store
- How to Display Live FedEx Shipping Rates on the Shopify checkout page?
- Best practice for printing live FedEx shipping labels
- How to Generate FedEx Shipping Labels in bulk for Multiple Orders?
- How to Generate the FedEx Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Manual Mode”?
- How to Generate FedEx Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Auto Mode”?
- How to Cancel the FedEx Shipping Label that you have generated?
- How to Request for a FedEx Pickup and Handle Tracking, directly from your Shopify Store?
- How to Set up FedEx SameDay City on your Shopify store?
- How to Set Up Shopify Shipping for FedEx Special Shipments?
- Troubleshooting the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App for Shopify
How to integrate FedEx with Shopify to completely automate the order fulfillment process?
With the Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app, you can integrate FedEx with Shopify to completely automate the order fulfillment process. The following video shows how.
Setting Up Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App on your Shopify store
Before setting up the app, make sure you look into the installation and activation of Shopify FedEx app.
You can find the App Settings by clicking on the Apps section on your store.
Click on the app and you will be redirected to the “Welcome page”, as shown below.
You can click on the following buttons in order to perform various actions.
This section contains all the shipping labels generated as well as the pending orders.
This section contains the pickup history of your orders. You can view all the pickups that you have scheduled in this section.
This section contains all the options to set up the Shopify FedEx App including the FedEx Account Details, Shipping Services, Shipping Label format, and much more.
This section displays Frequently Asked Questions regarding FedEx Rates, Tracking & Labels App.
If you have any queries regarding the app, you can contact our support.
This section displays the Help documents for FedEx Rates, Tracking & Labels App.
Click on the ‘Settings’ in order to set up the app based on your requirement.
Under ‘Settings’, you can see the following tabs.
This tab contains the settings related to the FedEx Account Details. You can add a normal FedEx account or a FedEx SameDay City account.
Copy the following FedEx credentials as shown above.
- Account Number
- Meter Number
- Authentication Key/Web Services Key
- Web Services Password (Will be sent via e-mail)
Enter these account details, and enable the Production Key, as shown in the image below.
If you do not have a FedEx account, look into the below guides that would help your create one!
This section contains the settings related to the Shipping Labels.
- Choose the Shipping Label Size from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Shipping Label Type from the following options:
3. Auto Settings
This section contains the automation settings to streamline the FedEx shipping on your Shopify store.
- Rates Selection Strategy (If Customer Selection Is Unavailable)
In case the customer selected service is not available for shipping, let’s say, Free Shipping or Flat Rates, then you can automatically choose to select the cheapest available shipping service based on the address or you can set your preferred services.
- Use Customer Selected Rates (If Available)
If enabled, the app will automatically print shipping labels with the same shipping service which is selected by the customers while placing the order.
- Delivery Signature
You can enable the Delivery Signature if required. Choose the required option from the drop-down list.
- The options under ‘Forward Labels’ applies to the ‘Return Labels’ as well. You can generate Return labels along with Forward labels if required (This feature is not supported for Domestic Shipments in India).
- Reason for Return
You can select the reason for returning the product from the drop-down list.
You can add the default weight and dimensions for the products imported from Shopify.
This section includes all the shipping services along with the price adjustment options for the shipping rates.
- You can display the FedEx rates for Business addresses, Residential addresses or for both. The app allows you to display the FedEx published rates or the account rates as well.
- You can enable any FedEx shipping service using the ‘Enabled’ option. Only those shipping rates will be available on the checkout page, that you have enabled. You can even set the shipping service’s ‘Display Name’, if you don’t want to display the actual shipping service’s name on the checkout page.
- The app provides Price Adjustment using the following options:
Adjustment Value – You can enter the exact amount which you want to add to the shipping rates.
Adjustment (%) – You can enter the percentage value which you want to add to the shipping rates.
In case you want to provide a discount on the shipping rates, please add a ‘-‘ sign before the value or the percentage that you want to provide (for example -50% will provide 50% discount).
- To understand the various FedEx shipping services & rates, check out understanding FedEx shipping rates in your Shopify store.
This section includes all the settings related to product packaging.
- Packing Method – Select from the three different packing methods, based on your requirement. For example, select ‘Weight based’ packing method if you want to pack the products based on their weight. This will allow you to pack different products together in one package.
- Max Weight – If you have chosen ‘Weight Based’ packaging method, you can set the max weight up to which all the products can be packed in one package. If the weight of the products exceeds the Max Weight, any remaining products in the cart will be packed into another package.
- To understand the different packaging methods and how to set them up properly, check out how to pack products optimally and save shipping cost using Shopify FedEx app.
This tab includes all the settings related to the FedEx pickup requests.
- Pickup Start Time – This indicates the time after which FedEx can provide pickup for your packages
- Company Close Time – This indicates the time after which FedEx cannot provide pickup for your packages
- Pickup Address – Set the address of your store from where FedEx can pick up your packages
This section displays the ship from address for shipping rates calculation as well as shipping label generation. You can modify the address if required.
This section displays all the settings related to your products. You have the option to import/export the products.
- Product Dimensions – You can edit the product dimensions if required.
- Supplementary Details – You can mark your products as Alcohol, Dangerous goods, Battery or if Dry Ice is needed. Also, there is an option to add ‘Signature on Delivery’ for each product if required.
- You have the option to set up Declared value for each product for insurance, Country of manufacture and Product description. The Harmonization code (HSN) allows you to categorise the products.
This section contains the settings to choose the Weight & Dimensions unit.
10. Commercial Invoice
This tab contains all the set up related to Commercial Invoice for International shipping.
- You have the option to set the customs duties payer as sender or recipient, and also the custom declaration. Also, you have other options to enable ETD (Electronic Trade Documents), include shipping charges in Commercial invoice, and include Insurance amount in Commercial invoice.
- Terms of Sale – Set up the Terms of Sale to be used in the Commercial Invoice.
- Invoice Currency – You can set the currency to be used in the Commercial invoice as Sender currency, Recipient currency or any other.
- Product Information – You can select the product information to be displayed in the Commercial invoice. If required, you can set a fixed name.
- Product Price – Set up the product price to be shown in the Commercial invoice. You can set the actual product price or a fixed price.
- Customer Signature & Letter Head – You can provide the customer digital signature and the letter head if needed. The customer signature and the letter head is mandatory for Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) in certain countries.
11. Additional Accounts
This section includes the option to add an additional FedEx account if required.
You can configure a normal FedEx account or a FedEx SameDay City account by providing the ‘Ship to‘ locations.
The following video shows how to use the Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & tracking App on your online store.
How to display Live FedEx Shipping Rates on the Shopify checkout page?
Note: Inorder to display shipping rates at checkout, you have to enable carrier calculated shipping on your Shopify store.
In order to view the live FedEx Shipping Rates on your cart page, please follow the steps below:
- Configure your FedEx account in the Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app
- Make sure that the correct Address has been configured as the default location in the app
- You will get the live FedEx shipping rates on the Shopify checkout page as shown below
- For a better understanding of this process, visit display FedEx shipping methods with real time rates on your Shopify store
Best practice for printing live FedEx shipping labels
There are chances that you may lose money if the FedEx shipping labels are directly printed without configuring the app correctly. So, it is important that you take proper care and perform the following steps in order to avoid being overcharged for shipping.
- Ensure that the weight of your products is configured
- Verify FedEx Real-time rates are calculated accurately at Shopify checkout
- Verify the Shipper and Recipient addresses
- Verify if the product weight, dimensions, and the package type are configured correctly
- Compare the FedEx account shipping rates v/s The rates calculated by the app
- Print the first FedEx shipping label
- Print the FedEx shipping labels in bulk
To know more about the measures to be taken before you print the FedEx shipping labels in bulk, follow the best practice for printing live FedEx shipping labels using the Shopify FedEx app.
How to Generate FedEx Shipping Labels in bulk for Multiple Orders?
In order to generate the FedEx Shipping Labels for all your orders, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Orders section.
- Select all the orders for which you want to generate & print FedEx Shipping Labels
- Click on More Actions
- Click on Auto-Generate Labels to generate FedEx shipping labels for all the selected orders.
- This will redirect you to the Shipping section within the app. Now you can download the FedEx shipping labels for all the orders by clicking on the Download Documents. If you want to cancel the shipment, you can click on the cancel symbol.
- To know more on the process of bulk FedEx shipping label generation, check out bulk shipping label generation made easy with Shopify FedEx app. Before you generate shipping labels in bulk, do not forget to follow the best practice for printing live FedEx shipping labels.
How to generate the FedEx Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Manual Mode”?
In order to generate the FedEx Shipping Label for a single order, using the Manual Mode, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Shopify Order details page
- Select the order for which you want to generate FedEx shipping label.
- Under More actions, click on Generate Label to manually generate FedEx shipping labels for the selected order.
This will redirect you to the Manual Label Generation Page.
- Select the correct FedEx account (if multiple accounts are configured) and appropriate Origin Address
- The packages will be generated based on the Packaging Method configured in the app settings. Add, Edit, Adjust, or Split the packages manually, if necessary
- You can add the insurance for your packages and enable return label generation along with the forward labels. Also, you can add the signature on delivery and select the customs duties payer & terms of sale for international shipments.
- Click Refresh to get new rates based on the origin address and packages. Select the FedEx service
- Finally, click Generate Label to initiate Label Generation
- You will be navigated to the Order Summary page for the selected order from where, you can download/print the FedEx label
- To know more on the process of manual FedEx shipping label generation, check out shipping label generation using Shopify FedEx app
How to Generate FedEx Shipping Label for a Single Order in “Auto Mode”?
In order to generate the FedEx Shipping Label for a single order, using the Auto Mode, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Orders section
- Select the order for which you want the FedEx Shipping Label
- Under More actions, click on Auto-Generate Labels to generate FedEx shipping labels for the selected order.
This will redirect you to the Shipping Tab under the app.
- Now you can download/print the FedEx shipping labels for the order by choosing the options available.clicking on the Download Label option. Or, you can click on Cancel Label to void the shipment
- If you face any difficulty or error while generating the shipping labels, you can contact our support.
How to cancel the FedEx Shipping Label that you have generated?
In order to cancel the FedEx shipping Label that you have created, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Shipping tab under the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App. Here, you will see a list of orders for which labels have been generated
- Click cancel label symbol for the order as shown below
How to request for a FedEx Pickup and handle Tracking, directly from your Shopify Store?
In order to request the FedEx Pickup for your orders, directly from your Shopify store, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Shipping tab under the app settings. Here, you will see a list of orders for which labels have been generated
- Select the orders for which you want to request FedEx Pickup
- Click on Request Pickup to initiate the request for FedEx Pickup
- You will be navigated to the Pickup page for the selected orders from where, you can see the details
- Once the package has been picked up by the FedEx agent, you can start tracking your orders. To know the tracking details, click on the tracking symbol as shown below. This will redirect to the FedEx website, from where you can find the tracking status.
- To understand the complete process of FedEx pickup and tracking, visit Shopify FedEx shipment tracking and scheduling Pickups
How to Set up FedEx SameDay City on your Shopify store?
The FedEx SameDay City service ensures the delivery of the shipment on the same day. The Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app allows you to seamlessly handle FedEx SameDay City on your Shopify store.
You can integrate FedEx SameDay City account with your Shopify store to display the live FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx SameDay City shipping labels, and automatically fulfill the Shopify orders with FedEx SameDay City tracking number.
To learn how to integrate FedEx SameDay City with your Shopify store and handle the shipping process, visit setting up FedEx SameDay City on Shopify.
How to Set up Shopify shipping for FedEx Special Shipments?
There are a number of shipments that require special care or that may not be accepted by FedEx. Such items are categorized as Special Shipments. For FedEx, a few of such items are listed below:
- Dangerous Goods: A number of items fall under this category like airbags, fireworks, explosives, etc.
- Human body parts or Live animals
- Liquor: This includes any alcoholic beverage
- Perishable Goods: This category includes foods and beverages that require refrigeration or any other control
The FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app allows you to handle FedEx special shipments. You can mark your products as Dangerous goods, Alcohol, Battery or as “if Dry Ice is needed”. Also, the app provides an option to add ‘Signature on Delivery’ for each product.
To know more on how the app handles FedEx Special Shipments, visit how to set up Shopify shipping for FedEx special shipments.
Troubleshooting the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App for Shopify
In this section, we have listed the common mistakes or issues that occur while setting up the FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking app, and how you can fix them.
We hope this guide has helped you in setting up the Shopify FedEx Rates, Labels & Tracking App based on your shipping requirements. You will now be able to display FedEx rates at checkout, print FedEx shipping labels and automate the FedEx tracking process.
If you face any issues or have any query with the setting up of the app, do contact our support.