Recurring Bookings – How to set up using WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin?
In this article, we will check out how you can set up Recurring Bookings on your WooCommerce store. This article will cover WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin along with PluginHive WooCommerce Recurring Bookings plugin and how these plugins work together to create a perfect recurring bookings scenario.
PluginHive WooCommerce Recurring Bookings and Appointments
What does it do?
WooCommerce Recurring Bookings and Appointments plugin allows you to provide a recurrent bookings option along with the WooCommerce Bookings & Appointment plugin. This way the customers can place bookings and specify the interval after which the bookings need to happen again.
The plugin along with the PluginHive’s Bookings plugin for WooCommerce is useful in scenarios like,
- Recurring Online Class Booking
- Online Course Booking
WooCommerce Recurring Bookings Plugin Settings
Let us take a look at the WooCommerce Recurring Bookings plugin and understand the settings available with it. To find out the plugin settings you need to visit your recurring booking product and click on Edit. You will find the plugin settings under the Recurring Bookings tab. The following image shows all the recurring bookings settings.
- Enable Recurring Bookings
Enable this option to offer recurring bookings on your bookable product. By default, the recurring bookings functionality only supports bookings that are offered for a fixed duration. Hence, make sure the Bookings Period is set to Fixed Blocks.
- Repeat Booking
This option sets the recurring frequency for the bookings. You can select from Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Weekly Recurring from the dropdown. Moreover, the plugin also allows you to customize the frequency count by selecting a value from the dropdown.
- Maximum Number of Recurrences
This option controls the number of recurrences and allows customers to place a recurring booking upto the number selected in this option.
- Allow Customers to Choose the Number of Recurrences
In the option provided above, customers will not be able to choose the number of times booking will recurr. Enabling this option will let customers choose the number of recurrences from a dropdown below the bookings calendar.
On enabling this option, you can set a custom text that will be displayed on the product page and instruct customers to choose the number of recurrences.
- Recurring Booking Expires on
This option will let you choose the exact date upto which recurring booking will be provided.
- Ignore Holidays & Blocked Dates
Enabling this option will automatically skip the holidays or any unavailable/blocked slot and calculate the recurring booking date calculation accurately.
Online Music Classes with Weekly Recurring Booking
“..I teach music classes for young children for babies and toddlers, across 3 different days and at variable times.
For these classes, since I have these classes on Weekends, I want my customers to book a class and then automatically they should be able to book for the upcoming weekends in advance, based on their preference…“
- WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin [Version 1.2.8 and above]
- PluginHive WooCommerce Recurring Bookings and Appointments plugin
Follow the steps below to set up WooCommerce recurring bookings.
- Download the PluginHive WooCommerce Recurring Bookings and Appointments plugin
- Install the plugin on your WooCommerce store
- Visit the bookable product and click on Edit
- Visit the Bookings section and click on Fixed Block of 1 Day
The Recurring Bookings plugin will only work with the Fixed Block option.
WooCommerce Recurring Bookings plugin does not support the Enable Calendar Range option.
- Visit Recurring Bookings section and click on Enable Recurring Booking
- Since the classes happen every week, set the Book option to Every Week
- Set Repeat option to 4 times
- If you want customers to be able to select the duration of repetitive bookings, enable Allow Customers To Opt Recurring Bookings, and provide a text which will be visible alongside the Bookings Calendar
The settings below will allow you to repeat the Weekend Online Music Lesson Bookings every week on Saturdays and Sundays, 4 times (1 month).
- Update the product to save settings
Place Recurring Bookings
- Visit the Product Page on your website
- Select the dates you want to book and select the times you want the bookings to repeat. Once you select the option, the booking calendar will look something similar to the image below
- After adding the product to the cart page, you will be able to see all the recurring booking dates as well as the cost of the combined bookings, as shown below.
- After placing the order successfully you will be able to see all the bookings separately
WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin is a one-stop bookings solution when it comes to WooCommerce store owners. The plugin supports multiple bookings scenarios and additional customized solutions which are discussed in this article.
If you have any queries based on the plugins discussed above, or you have a complex booking scenario, feel free to contact our support team. We will try our best to help you find a solution and set up your online WooCommerce store.