WPML WooCommerce Shipping Solutions for Multilingual Sites
With this guide, we’ll show you how to use the certified WPML WooCommerce Shipping Solutions to set up the perfect Multilingual store. Read along to learn more.
WPML WooCommerce Shipping Solutions
The WordPress Multilingual Plugin, a.k.a WPML, helps your WordPress website support more than one language. The seamless integration with WooCommerce makes it feasible for business owners like you to run a multilingual store. So clearly, having a WPML-certified store will ensure better conversions since most of the pages are accessible to the visitors.
Pages like Shop, Cart, and Checkout, usually have the most-engagements compared to other parts. Thus, it makes sense to have shipping elements like live rates, shipping prices, and service names displayed in appropriate language and currency.
Only the WPML-certified WooCommerce Shipping plugins offer the above mentioned elements in multiple languages and currencies. These plugins offer the most practical and advanced features that help you run your online store better.
Setting up WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Shipping options
To harness the power of shipping plugins and explore the diversity offered by the WPML multilingual plugin, you need to install any one of the WooCommerce shipping plugins alongside the WPML Multilingual plugin.
Here are the components of the WPML plugin which you need to install separately.
- WPML Multilingual CMS
- WPML String Translation
- WooCommerce Multilingual
- WPML Translation Management
- WPML Media
- Multilingual Tools
WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce UPS Shipping
WooCommerce UPS Shipping plugin allows store owners to provide shipping options to their customers. The plugin provides real-time accurate shipping rates from UPS, based on the weight and the destination of the shipment. It also lets you print official UPS shipping labels along with the ability to track your shipments across the world.
With so many world-class features, the plugin is also compatible with the WPML plugin so that it can be used on the multilingual websites.
Once you have successfully installed the WPML plugin, you can configure it easily from WPML → Languages. After that, you can follow the following steps to successfully configure the WPML plugin.
- Select your default language.
- Choose a set of active languages
- Choose a language selector (For starters, choose the footer language selector; you can change this later.)
- Install and activate all the WPML related plugins (mentioned in the first section). If you still feel you need some help in installing the WPML plugin, you can follow this getting started guide by WPML.
- Install the WooCommerce UPS Shipping plugin and activate it. You can refer to the plugin documentation on how to install and set up the plugin.
Setting up the WPML Multilingual Translations
You can easily select the desired language once both the plugins are successfully configured. As shown below, the WPML Language Selector on the WooCommerce UPS shipping plugin settings page offers you the list of languages.
In the below example, we’ve selected French as translated language and the plugin settings page shows the corresponding translated texts.
The below screeshot shows how the live UPS shipping rates appear on the Cart page when the translated into French.
Similarly, you can also set up WPML Multilingual stores using other shipping carriers like FedEx and USPS. And for each carrier, you would be able to display the real-time shipping rates with no problem whatsoever.
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce FedEx Shipping
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Multi-Carrier Shipping – FedEx, UPS, USPS, USPS(Stamps.com), and DHL.
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Shipment Tracking
- WPML Multilingual Store with WooCommerce Estimated Delivery Date
So that’s it! We hope this guide would have helped you set up WPML WooCommerce shipping options on your store and run a multilingual website better.
If you’re having trouble using any one of our WooCommerce shipping plugins then feel free to Contact PluginHive Customers Support. Our team should be able to help you out.
Happy selling! 🙂