How to Assign Staff Members and Maintain Availability using PluginHive WooCommerce Bookings
In this guide, we will tell you how you can set up staff members and maintain their availability using WooCommerce Bookings plugin. We will take a real-life example to help you understand how it can be done. Read along.
Business Case: Assign Staff Members and Maintain Availability
Here-To-Learn is a proud South-African online tutoring website for students from grades 7 to 12. Students can enroll to get 1-on-1 online help. Their online tutors are always there to help you with your homework or exams. They are especially good with Mathematics and English coaching.
Students need to choose the instructors for their respective subjects they want to learn:
- Andrea Fanizza – Mathematics
- Kyle Arthur – Mathematics
- Lizette Joubert – English
- Susan Richardson – English
Mathematics and English are all taught for 3 hours and the instructors will only be available to one class at a time. Cost for each of the 3 hours courses:
- Mathematics – $100
- English – $50
WooCommerce Bookings Plugin features used
This feature will help in setting up the booking duration of the course, which is 3 hours.
To set the booking cost for the bookable product.
The Bookings Assets feature allows users to add one or more bookable asset(here, the instructors) with the product, that will be displayed along with the booking calendar where customers can choose any one asset(instructors) from the list.
Solution using WooCommerce Bookings Plugin
Kindly follow the below steps to fulfill the complete business requirement:
- Create Bookable Products for Mathematics and English.
- Firstly, you need to set up the Booking Period under the Booking tab.
- Set the Booking Period to Fixed Blocks of 3 hours.
- Set Maximum Bookings per block as 2 as only 2 instructors can either teach the course Mathematics or English at the same time.
- Create the staff members or the instructors as assets and assign the quantity of 1 to each as they can teach only one student at a time. The global settings for Booking Asset can be found by navigating to the WP admin dashboard -> Bookings -> Settings -> Assets.
Assign the staff members/instructors to the respective products
- For the product Mathematics, assign the staff Andrea Fanizza and Kyle Arthur and provide the option “Let the customer choose” to choose their favorite instructors at the time of booking.
- And for the product English, assign the staff Lizette Joubert and Susan Richardson and provide the option “Let the customer choose” to choose their favorite instructors at the time of booking.
- Under the Booking Cost tab, provide the booking cost for each of the bookable products, Mathematics for $100 and English for $50.
We have successfully set up on how to assign staff members to the products. Now we will now check on how the availability of the staff members works. Let’s say customer A wants to book for Kyle Arthur on 15th August at 9 AM. In order to do so, the customer has to choose Kyle from the drop-down and pay for the Mathematics course fee.
From the above screenshots, it is proved that Kyle Arthur isn’t available for any further bookings on 15th August at 9 AM, however, the remaining instructors or staff members will still be available for bookings.
There you go! That’s how easy it is to assign staff members and maintain availability using the WooCommerce Bookings plugin by PluginHive.
Feel free to contact PluginHive Customer Support if you need help setting up bookings on your WooCommerce. Our support team should be able to help you out.
Good luck! 🙂