What are the packing options available in the Woocommerce UPS shipping plugin?
In this small guide, we will tell you the various parcel, box packing options that you get with the WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label. Read below to know more about it.
Woocommerce UPS Shipping plugin has three primary packing options available. You can set the Packing Method in the plugin settings.
– With Box Packing & Pack Items individually options dimensions & weight will be considered to calculate the shipping cost.
– With the Weight-based option, the only weight will be considered to calculate shipping cost.
The three options to pack parcel(s) using our plugin are as given below:
- Pack Items Individually: In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately. Total Shipping cost is calculated by adding the shipping cost of each item. Hence labels are also generated separately.
For example, the shipping cost of Item X is $10. If the customer adds two units of item X to the cart, then the total shipping cost is $10 x 2, which is $20. In this case, two labels are generated.
Note: This is the default option.
- Pack into boxes with weight and dimensions: If packing items individually do not suit your business, you can define required box sizes under Box Dimensions section. All the cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Dimensions settings. The best fit box is auto chosen from the defined boxes. This is the recommended option. You can read through “Box Packing” to understand more in detail.
- Weight-based: In this option, the weights of all the cart items are summed up and passed to the UPS API to get rates.
These straightforward options make this plugin a powerful one that fulfills your business needs for efficient packing.