Setting Up WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin
This tutorial helps setting WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin with Print Label the right way to get FedEx Live Shipping rates, Print Shipping Labels and Enable Order Tracking.
It is a detailed guide that would help you integrate your FedEx account with your WooCommerce store. Please refer to the WooCommerce FedEx Product page to know more about the plugin features.
Before configuring the plugin, here is the list of all the things that you need to have in order to set up this plugin.
FedEx Test Credentials
These credentials will allow you to use the FedEx real-time rates and shipping label functionality in the FedEx Test Environment.
How to get the FedEx Test Credentials?
- Sign up with FedEx.
- You will get an email with the following details:
- Test FedEx Account Number
- Test FedEx Meter Number
- Web Service Key or Developer Test Key
- You will receive another email with the link to the Test Password. Click on the link and get the password.
FedEx Production Credentials
These credentials will allow you to use the FedEx real-time rates and shipping label functionality in the Live Environment.
In case you want to use your FedEx shipping account to generate the FedEx shipping labels, you need to follow these steps to make your shipping labels available for your Production Credentials.
- Enter the Test Credentials in the plugin settings and generate a sample label for FedEx Ground by following the steps in the video below.
- Now register with the FedEx Help Desk. Labels cannot be processed until registration. Call 877-339-2774 and say “API” at the prompt or email email@example.com.
- Get the WIS Cover Sheet (screenshot attached). Every field on the sheet must be populated.
The following will be required on the WIS Cover Sheet:
- FedEx 9-Digit Account Number
- Production Authentication Key
- Production Meter Number
- Test Meter Number
- Only create sample labels for the specific services that are applicable to your situation and send the completed WIS Cover Sheet with corresponding label samples to the relevant email address below:
- Express labels: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ground labels: email@example.com
- Smart Post labels: FXSP_Postal_Affairs@fedex.com; FXSPSupport@fedex.com
- Freight labels: (Sandy Patrick-Lindsey) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, the WIS Certification Team will provide evaluation results within three business days. These labels will be evaluated for compliance against FedEx regulatory standards to ensure no delivery service interruptions occur once packages enter the FedEx operational network.
- If you have any questions or encounter any technical difficulties/issues, contact the FedEx Web Integration Solutions help desk via phone: 1-877-339-2774 (Voice Keyword: API) or email: email@example.com or follow Certification Guidelines for printing the labels.
- After completing the process you will receive a confirmation email. If you are working as a consultant both you and your customer will get the email.
FedEx LTL Freight Account
As per Freight guidelines, the Freight account number is different than the standard account number. You can find this under the LTL Freight Accounts option in the Databases drop-down menu in your FedEx account screen.
After purchasing the PluginHive WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin with Print Label, the plugin Zip file is available in API DOWNLOADS.
- Download .zip file from API DOWNLOADS by logging into MY ACCOUNTS on www.pluginhive.com
- Log in as the WordPress Admin of your online store
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New to upload the downloaded WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin
- Activate the WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin
For detailed information about installing PluginHive plugins, check out – How to Download, Install, Activate & Update WooCommerce Plugin?
Setting Up WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin with Print Label
After installing the plugin, a new shipping method ‘FedEx’ is added to WooCommerce. Now you can configure this FedEx Shipping method as per your requirement. You can navigate to settings in two ways as given below:
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > FedEx(under the Menu tabs) or
- Navigate to Plugins > Installed Plugins > Settings for the WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin.
Now, the plugin settings page has the following tabs with the specific settings that you can configure based on your needs.
This tab contains the general plugin settings including the FedEx Account Details.
- Rates & Services
All the settings related to the FedEx Shipping Rates like enabling real-time rates, price adjustment, etc. can be configured in this tab.
- Label Generation
All the settings related to the FedEx Label Generation like the automatic packages and labels generation can be configured in this tab.
This tab contains the settings related to how the products will be packed in the boxes. You can configure parcel packing or set up your own custom boxes in this tab.
This tab contains all the settings for FedEx Pickup Services.
This tab contains all the settings in case you are dealing with heavy-weight products and require FedEx Freight Services for your WooCommerce store.
To get real-time shipping rates and the functionalities like Shipping Labels and Tracking, you need to enter the FedEx Production Credentials (Account Number, Meter Number, Web Service Key, and the Web Service Password) in the plugin settings as shown below.
Once you have entered the production keys, enable Production Key checkbox in the plugin settings.
Plugin converts product dimensions and weight to the selected unit. Dimensions and weight in the selected unit get passed to FedEx.The setting is as shown below:
Select a required option from the given drop-down list. The options available are as given below:
- Pound & Inches: Product dimensions and weight get converted to inches and pound before sending it to FedEx API.
- Kilograms & Centimeters: Product dimensions and weight get converted to Centimeters and Kilograms before sending it to FedEx API.
If Residential Flag is enabled, then Home Delivery is applicable for all 50 states in the US. Shipment can originate from and be delivered to these states. For more information, See FedEx Home Delivery Service Details.
The setting is as shown below:
Enables residential flag. If your account has Address Validation enabled, this will be turned off/on automatically.
FedEx Insurance Option
Every Shipment is transported on a limited liability basis as provided by FedEx. If Shipper requires greater protection, then insurance may be arranged at an additional cost by FedEx. The setting is as shown below:
Select the checkbox to set Insurance for your package.
FedEx Delivery Signature
This option allows you to choose the following signature:
- No Signature Required:
- Adult Signature:
Read more about FedEx Delivery Signature.
FedEx SmartPost Hub
By utilizing the U.S. Postal Service® for final delivery, FedEx SmartPost reaches every U.S. address, including P.O. boxes and military APO, FPO and DPO destinations.
The account you are shipping with must be enabled for SmartPost in order to select SmartPost as a Service on the Shipment tab. When the SmartPost-enabled account is specified as the default account (in FedEx Setup), or you associated the currently selected Address ID (on the Sender tab) with a FedEx SmartPost-enabled account, SmartPost will be available as a Service.
The SmartPost Hub Settings are as shown below:
- FedEx SmartPost Hub: FedEx SmartPost manages 25 hubs which are strategically positioned to handle outbound and returns volume efficiently. You can select the required option from the FedEx SmartPost Hub drop-down list.
- Indicia: Every mail item must be stamped with a postal imprint or “postal indicia.” The indicia tells the receiving postal administration that proper postage and/or a postal permit exists to allow the items to enter the domestic mail delivery network. FedEx International MailService works with the Swedish Post (Posten AB) to provide the highest-quality international mail service. Select the required service option from Indicia drop-down list. The options are detailed in tabular format as below:
|Service type||Minimum Weight||Maximum Weight||Dimensions|
|Media Mail||0.01 pounds||70 pounds||
Sum of length plus girth cannot exceed 84′
Minimum: 6″(L) x 4″(W) x 1″(H)
|Parcel return||0.01 pounds||70 pounds||
Sum of length plus girth cannot exceed 130′
Minimum: 6″(L) x 4″(W) x 1″(H)
|Parcel Select||1 pound||70 pounds||
Sum of length plus girth cannot exceed 130′
Minimum: 6″(L) x 4″(W) x 1″(H)
|Presorted Bound Printed Matter||0.01 pounds||15 pounds||
Sum of length plus girth cannot exceed 84′
Minimum: 6″(L) x 4″(W) x 1″(H)
|Presorted Standard||0.01 pounds||< 1 pound||
Sum of length plus girth cannot exceed 84′
Minimum: 6″(L) x 4″(W) x 1″(H)
Indicia Services Details
For example, Parcel Select option requires a weight of at least 1lbs. Automatic will choose PRESORTED STANDARD if the weight is less than 1lb and PARCEL SELECT if the weight is more than 1lbs.
Note: Indicia is applicable only for SmartPost Service only.
FedEx Customs Duty Payer
When transporting goods across international borders, shipments are subject to duties and taxes as determined by customs in the destination country. The duty tax payment settings are as shown below:
Duty tax payment can be done by shipper or recipient. Select a required option from the drop-down list. The available options are as given below:
- Shipper: Select this option if a shipper is paying duty tax.
- Recipient: Select this option if a recipient of the shipment is going to pay duty tax.
- Third Party: Select this option if a third party (broker) is going to pay the duty tax. Moreover, for this to work, you need to fill the following details in the plugin settings.
- Third Party Account Number: Enter the Third Party Account Number.
- Payer Contact Person: Enter the name of the contact person of your third party account.
- Payer Company: Enter the name of the company of the third party.
- Payer Contact Phone Number: Enter the Phone number of the third party.
- Payer Contact Email: Enter the Email of the third party.
- Payer Address Line 1: Enter the first line of the address of the third party.
- Payer Address Line 2: Enter the second line of the address of the third party.
- Payer City: Enter the City name of the third party.
- Payer State Code: Enter the State Code of the third party.
- Payer Postal Code: Enter the Postal Code of the third party.
- Payer Country: Select the country of the third party from the Payer Country drop-down list.
Learn more about FedEx Customs and International Shipping.
The shipper address setting fields are as shown below:
- Ship From Address Preference: This setting provides you the flexibility to reverse the origin address and shipping address so that customer can parcel the required item(s) to the online store owner(purpose can be sample testing, repairing goods, etc). The options available are as given below:
- Origin Address: Here the origin and shipping address should be entered inside the From and To address respectively. This is for normal shipping case, from store owner to customer.
- Shipping Address: Origin and shipping address are To and From address respectively. It facilitates Admin to print a reverse label so that customer can easily ship the item(s) with the reverse label that Admin would send customer (through Email).
- Origin Postcode: It is the postcode of the place from where you are shipping items.
- Shipper Person Name: Enter name of WooCommerce shop owner.
- Shipper Company Name: Enter name of WooCommerce shop.
- Shipper Phone Number: Enter the phone number of the shipper.
- Shipper Street Address: Enter the first line of Address.
- Shipper Street Address 2: Enter Second line of Address.
- Shipper City: Enter the city of the shipper.
- Origin Country and State Code: Enter the particular state code which is the length of two text fields.
- Residential: Select the checkbox, if the address of shipper is residential.
Note: It is the must to enter all the fields except step 6 for printing labels. If LTL Freight option is enabled, it is the must enter all the fields from step 5 to 8 for getting the real-time rate.
Shipping Charges Payment Type
With this field, you can set required payer for shipping charges. The available options are as given below:
- Sender: With this option, charges will be billed to the sender.
- Third Party: With this option, the specified charges will be billed to someone other than the sender. In order to choose this billing option, the third party’s valid FedEx account number must be entered in the Third Party Account Number text box. Step 2 to 12 are applicable for this option only.
Ship With Dry Ice
Tick this option to enable shipping dry ice option to the product level. You can learn more about FedEx Dry Ice here.
Tick this check box to exclude tax from product price while generating the shipping label.
Rates and Services Settings
This tab contains all the settings you would require to set up shipping rates from FedEx for your website.
Real-time Rate Settings
Configure the following settings to get live rates on your cart and checkout page.
- Real-Time Rates: Select the checkbox to enable the FedEx real-time shipping rates.
*Note: Disabling the FedEx shipping method only disables rates in cart/checkout page. Print Label and Shipment Tracking functionality are still available to you.
- Method Title: Method Title is visible in the Cart/Checkout page under Shipping options. Specify Method Title as required(defined by you).
- Method Available To: This option would allow you to set and restrict your shipping to certain countries
- Specific Countries: This option would allow you to select and create a list of all the countries (specific) for which you want FedEx Rates.
Show Delivery Time
In this field, you can show the expected delivery time for the services on the Cart/Checkout page to the customer. The setting is as shown below:
Select the checkbox Show Delivery Time to display the expected delivery time.
FedEx One Rate
FedEx One Rate is flat rate shipping that does not require you to weigh or measure shipments under 50 lbs. With FedEx One Rate you can add to the box without adding to the price. FedEx One Rates will be offered if the items are packed into a valid FedEx One box. The origin and destination should be within the US. For other countries, this option enables FedEx packing.
Select FedEx One checkbox to enable FedEx One Rates. Once you enable this option, the customer can see the services which are related to FedEx One Rate only. The list of packing types for FedEx Express Saver is as given below:
- FedEx Envelope
- FedEx Pak
- FedEx Small Box
- FedEx Medium Box
- FedEx Large Box
- FedEx Extra Large Box
- FedEx Tube
To get more information about FedEx One Rate Service and corresponding rates, See FedEx One Rate site. After going to the website click Get Rates button to rates for various services.
*Note: All FedEx boxes are not available for all countries, disable this option or disable different boxes if you are not receiving any shipping services.
FedEx provides different rates which depend on whether the customer is an account holder or not. Rate-Type setting is as given below:
The available options are as given below:
- List Rate: FedEx provides standard shipping rates for the public. Select this option if you want to offer only standard rates.
- Account Rate: FedEx provides the discounted rate to FedEx Account holder. Select this option if you want to facilitate the customer at a discounted rate.
Once you get the quotes from FedEx, you can choose which quotes to show to the Customer. The setting is as shown below:
You can select the required option from the Offer Rates drop-down list and the options available are as given below:
- Offer the Customer all the returned rate: This option shows quotes for all the available the services which are returned by FedEx and also selected by you in step 2.
- Offer the Customer the cheapest rate only, anonymously: This option shows the only service with the cheapest quote from the available services.
FedEx Shipping Services
FedEx provides different kind of services which suited to different needs of the customer. If the customer is in need of fast delivery domestically, then the customer can opt for Priority Overnight. Likewise, the customer can select the best-suited service internationally also. PluginHive FedEx shipping plugin supports these services domestically and internationally.
FedEx services supported by WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin are listed below:
- First Overnight
- Priority Overnight
- Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2 Day AM
- FedEx 2 Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Home Delivery
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx First Freight
- FedEx Freight Economy
- FedEx Freight Priority
- FedEx SmartPost (if enabled on account)
- International Economy
- International First
- International Priority
- Europe First International Priority
- FedEx 1 day freight
- FedEx 2 day freight
- FedEx 3 day freight
- International Economy Freight
- International Priority Freight
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx National Freight
- FedEx International Ground
PluginHive FedEx shipping plugin supports the following Domestic Services for United Kingdom(UK):
FedEx Distance Deferred
FedEx Next Day Early Morning
FedEx Next Day Mid Morning
FedEx Next Day Afternoon
FedEx Next Day End Of Day
FedEx Next Day Freight
You can enable the desired services. For more details on the services provided by FedEx, contact FedEx.
The FedEx Express services settings are as given below:
In the above figure, all the services are displayed. You can select the required services. Non-selected services are not shown to the customer even if they are available services from FedEx. You can adjust the shipping price by adding or subtracting the required amount to/from actual shipping cost. Use minus sign (-) for subtracting the amount. You can mention the amount in (%) and ($) for each service.
For example, consider the shipping cost of FIRST_OVERNIGHT returned by FedEx is $5
-Price Adjustment for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – $5 as shown below:
Total Cost Displayed for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – $10 (5+5)
-Price Adjustment for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – 10 % as shown below:
Total Cost Displayed for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – $5.5(The 10% of 5 is added to 5 to get the actual shipping cost)
-Price Adjustment for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – $5 and 10% as shown below:
Total Cost Displayed for FIRST_OVERNIGHT – $10.5(The 10% of 5 is added to 5 + 5 to get the actual)
Learn more about FedEx Shipping services here.
With the following setting, you can convert the FedEx returned rates on your website.
- Conversion Rate: This will let you enter the conversion rate for the currency that you want your rates on your website.
- Rates in Base Currency: Select the checkbox for converting FedEx returned rates to base currency of your store. For example, FedEx returned rates are in USD. With this option, you can get the rates in the base currency EUR.
*Note: Conversion happens only if FedEx API provides the exchange rate.
Minimum Order Amount
This option allows you to set a minimum order amount which will trigger Real-Time FedEx shipping rates. Any order below this amount will not have FedEx Shipping rates on the cart page.
Label Generation Settings
All the settings regarding the FedEx Shipping label printing are available in this section.
Purpose of Shipment
With this setting, you can specify the purpose of Shipment. The Shipment purpose setting is as shown below:
You can select the required option from the Purpose Of Shipment drop-down list and the options available are as given below:
- Gift: Any shipment containing articles to be given as an unsolicited gift, from one private individual to another private individual, which are not being shipped by a business nor consigned to a business.
- Not Sold: Any shipment containing an unsold article(s).
- Personal effect: Any shipment containing used personal articles such as unaccompanied baggage and household goods being shipped for relocation.
- Repair and Return: Articles being shipped for repair or articles previously exported for repairs which are being returned following the repair.
- Sample: Any shipment containing articles which are sent free of charge that has been marked or mutilated or otherwise made unsuitable for sale or use except as commercial samples, being shipped with the view of soliciting an order or as a mock-up to furthering an existing order from the foreign entity.
- Sold: Any shipment containing articles which are sold by the shipper.
With this setting, you can choose to get the notification email directly from FedEx about the shipment. The setting is as shown below:
- None: There will be no notification regarding the shipment status.
- Customer: The customer will be notified regarding the FedEx Shipment Status.
- Shipper: The shipper will be notified regarding the FedEx Shipment Status.
- Customer and Shipper: Both the customer and shipper will be notified regarding the FedEx Shipment Status.
Label Print Size
In this field, you can set the size for Print Label. The available options are as given below:
- PAPER_4X6: This option generates labels with a size of 4 x 6 inches.
- PAPER_4X8: This option generates labels with a size of 4 x 8 inches.
- PAPER_4X9: This option generates labels with a size of 4 x 9 inches.
- PAPER_7X4.75: This option generates labels with a size of 7 x 4.75 inches.
- PAPER_8.5X11_BOTTOM_HALF_LABEL: This option generates labels with a size of 8.5 x 11 inches at the bottom half of the paper.
- PAPER_8.5X11_TOP_HALF_LABEL: This option generates labels with a size of 8.5 x 11 inches at the top half of the paper.
- PAPER_Letter: This option generates labels with a size of 8.5 x 11 inches.
Note: To print labels which are similar to FedEx.com, you can select the option as PAPER_7X4.75, PAPER_8.5X11_BOTTOM_HALF_LABEL, or PAPER_8.5X11_TOP_HALF_LABEL.
- Print Label Type: With this field, you can set a required file format for printing the labels. The available options are as given below:
- PDF: This option prints the label in Portable Document Format which is used to present the document in an independent manner of application, software, hardware, and operating systems.
- PNG: This option prints the label in Portable Network Graphics (PNG) which is a raster graphics file format that supports lossless data compression.
Note: PNG format is well suited for the PAPER_4X6 option.
Learn more about FedEx Shipping Labels here.
Shipment Tracking PIN settings
The Shipment Tracking PIN Setting field is shown below:
- Tracking PIN: Select the checkbox to make Tracking PIN available to the customer under Order Notes.
- Custom Shipment Message: This will allow you to customize the shipment message that will be sent to the customers.
Collection On Delivery(C.O.D)
The FedEx C.O.D option allows you to designate the amount of money that the FedEx courier collects from your recipient when the package is delivered. Your recipient can pay by personal check, money order, cashier’s check, company check, official check, or certified check. FedEx returns the payment to you the next business day by FedEx Standard Overnight (where available: otherwise, FedEx 2 Day). An additional surcharge applies to C.O.D shipments.
The setting is as given below:
You can select the required option from C.O.D Collection Type drop-down list and the options available are as given below:
- ANY: This option allows any type of payment like cash, personal check, money order, cashier’s check, company check, official check, or certified check.
- CASH: This option allows only cash payment.
- GUARANTEED_FUNDS: This option allows only secured payment like a certified check, money order or cashier’s check.
If you are shipping to an international address, select Commercial Invoice checkbox to get the commercial invoice.
Default Shipping Service Selection
When you want to provide Free Shipping or Flat Rate shipping and not using the plugin to get the real-time rates, you can still use the plugin to generate packages and shipping labels for both domestic and international orders.
- Default Service for Domestic: The plugin will automatically print the shipping labels of the selected domestic FedEx shipping service for any domestic customer’s orders in case any flat rate or free shipping is used instead of FedEx Shipping Services.
- Default Service for International: The plugin will automatically print the shipping labels of the selected international FedEx shipping service for any international customer’s orders in case any flat rate or free shipping is used instead of FedEx Shipping Services.
This is required to describe the content of the package for customs clearance purposes. This applies to intra-UAE, intra-Columbia, and intra-Brazil shipments.
Allows you to enter your TIN or VAT number.
Enable Return label in my account page
This setting allows you to enable or disable customers to get the shipping labels in their My Accounts page.
Show All Services In Order Edit Page
This setting allows you to get the list of all the FedEx shipping services during the time of printing the FedEx shipping labels in the Orders page.
Automatic Label Generation
With these settings, you can automate the generation of packages and shipping labels once an order is received. These settings are as described below:
- Generate Packages Automatically After Order Received: You can check this option to automate package generation when an order is received and the payment is successful.
- Generate Shipping Labels Automatically After Order Received: Check this option to automate label generation when an order is received and the payment is successful.
- Send label in an email to customer after label generation: This will email a copy of the shipping label to your customers once it is generated.
- Allow customer to print the label from his myaccount->order page: This option allows your customers to print the shipping label from the order page of their user account.
- Content of Email With Label: Allows you to describe the content of the email that includes shipping label.
Learn more about Automatic FedEx Label Generation here.
You can get the real-time rate for a particular item by using FedEx API. With price calculator, you get real-time postage rates very easily and quickly for domestic as well as international shipping. Real-time rates are calculated according to the product dimension and weight. And the best-fitted box rates are returned from FedEx. This rate depends on the method used for Packing the parcel which is explained later in this section. A FedEx Parcel Packing settings are as shown below:
The plugin provides you three options to pack a parcel(s) as given below:
- Pack Items Individually: In this option, each item in the cart is packed separately. Total Shipping cost calculated by adding the shipping cost for each item.
For example, the shipping cost of Item X is $10. If the customer adds two quantities of Item X to the cart, then the total shipping cost is $10 x 2, which is $20.
- Pack into boxes with weight and dimensions: If packing items individually do not suit to your business, then you can define required box sizes under Box Sizes. All the cart items are packed into custom boxes defined in Box Sizes settings. The best fit box is auto chosen from the defined boxes. By selecting this option, the Box Size settings appear as shown below:
This box dimension and weight settings are applicable only when Pack into boxes with weight and dimension is selected. Here, you can define the dimensions of boxes. For heavy packing box, enter the weight of the box so that it gets added in product weight to calculate the shipping rates. According to the requirement, you can add or remove the box dimensions. You can also enable or disable a particular box by selecting or deselecting checkbox under Enabled.
For example, consider you have product X of dimensions 11x8x2 and weight 1lbs. You can set up as shown below:
- If there is a product X in the cart, then FedEx® Small Box gets selected for packing
- If there are two product X in the cart, then FedEx® Medium Box gets selected for packing
- If there are three product X in the cart, then FedEx® Large Box gets selected for packing
Likewise, you need to define sizes for each logical box according to the packing style being followed for different products with different quantity. For more information, See Configure FedEx Box Dimensions.
Note: This is the recommended option.
- Weight-based: In some business cases, you may wish to pack items according to their weight. If you are using this option, make sure that you have set accurate weights for your products. If you need to do this now, go to your Products page and click on each product in turn to set the weight.
If you select the weight based option, then the settings appear as shown below:
- Box Maximum Weight: Enter the highest limit of the weight of the single box.
- Packing Process: You can pack the items based on the weight in three ways as given below:
-Pack heavier items first
-Pack Lighter items first
-Pack purely divided by the weight
For more information about weight-based packing, See How to pack items based on weight?
Note: This is the default option.
FedEx Pickup Settings
- Enable Pickup: If you wish to use pick up service from FedEx, tick this checkbox. Further settings appear as shown below:
- Use Different Pickup Address: Tick this option to choose a different address for pickup. Further text fields appear where you can enter the alternate pickup address.
- Pickup Start Time: Allows you to set time by which items will be ready for pickup from the shop.
- Company Close Time: Allows you to set your store closing time. Remember to set after the time period of the pickup start time.
- Pickup Service: Select your preferred service for pickup.
FedEx LTL Freight Settings
For LTL(Less-Than-Truckload) shipping, FedEx offers you two reliable service choices, plus value-added and specialized options — all within one streamlined network.
The FedEx LTL Freight Setting fields are as shown below:
- Enable: Select Enable Freight checkbox to enable the FedEx LTL Freight shipping method.
- FedEx Freight Account Number: Enter the FedEx Freight Account Number of the shop owner.
- Billing Street Address: Enter the first line of Address.
- Billing Street Address 2: Enter the Second line of Address.
- Billing City: Enter Billing City.
- Billing State Code: Enter the specific state code which is the length of two text fields.
- Billing ZIP/Postcode: It’s the postcode of the place from where you are billing items.
- Billing Country Code: Enter the Country Code from where you are Billing.
*NOTE: The Freight address is case sensitive. So make sure you enter the Account Number as well as the Address properly.
- Default Freight Class: You can select the required option from the Default Freight Class drop-down list and the options available are as given below:
- CLASS_050: This option shows the lowest shipping cost for the item which is more than 50 lbs per cubic foot.
- CLASS_055: This option is used for the item which weighs 30-50 pound per cubic foot. For example, Bricks, cement, mortar, hardwood flooring, etc.
- CLASS_060: This option is used for the item which weighs 30-35 pound per cubic foot. For example, Car accessories and car parts
- CLASS_065: This option is used for the item which weighs 22.5-30 pound per cubic foot. For example, Car accessories and car parts, bottled beverages, books in boxes, etc.
- CLASS_070: This option is used for the item which weighs 15-22.5 pound per cubic foot. For example, Car accessories & car parts, food items, automobile engines, etc.
- CLASS_077_5: This option is used for the item which weighs 13.5 to 15 pound per cubic foot. For example, Tires, bathroom fixtures, etc.
- CLASS_085: This option is used for the item which weighs 12-13.5 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Crated machinery, cast iron stoves, etc.
- CLASS_092_5: This option is used for the item which weighs 10.5-12 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Computers, monitors, refrigerators, etc.
- CLASS_100: This option is used for the item which weighs 9-10.5 pounds per cubic foot. For example, boat covers, car covers, canvas, wine cases, caskets, etc.
- CLASS_110: This option is used for the item which weighs 8-9 pounds per cubic foot. For example, cabinets, framed artwork, table saw, etc.
- CLASS_125: This option is used for the item which weighs 7-8 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Small Household appliances, etc.
- CLASS_150: This option is used for the item which weighs 6-7 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Auto sheet metal parts, bookcases, etc.
- CLASS_175: This option is used for the item which weighs 5-6 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Clothing, couches stuffed furniture, etc.
- CLASS_200: This option is used for the item which weighs 4-5 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Auto sheet metal parts, aircraft parts, aluminum table, packaged mattresses, etc.
- CLASS_250: This option is used for the item which weighs 3-4 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Bamboo furniture, mattress and box spring, plasma TV, etc.
- CLASS_300: This option is used for the item which weighs 2-3 pounds per cubic foot. For example, wood cabinets, tables, chairs setups, model boats, etc.
- CLASS_400: This option is used for the item which weighs 1-2 pounds per cubic foot. For example, Deer antlers, etc.
- CLASS_500: This option shows the highest shipping cost for the item which weighs Less than 1 lbs per cubic foot. For example, Bags of gold dust, ping pong balls, etc.
Click Save Changes to set/update configuration settings.
Learn more about FedEx Freight Shipping here.
Need More Help?
If you face any issues regarding the plugin functionality, you can check out our Documentation for WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin. For your convenience, we have listed out some of the topics with the documentation links below.
- Print FedEx Shipping Labels
- Various Parcel Packing Methods used by FedEx Shipping Plugin
- FedEx Shipment Tracking using WooCommerce FedEx Shipping Plugin
- Generating FedEx Pickups
- FedEx LTL Freight Shipments
- Using FedEx Ground for your shipments
- FedEx One Rates
Contact us anytime using any of the following methods,