WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments
WooCommerce Shipping Plugin for FedEx with Print Label
WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label
WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Shipment Tracking Pro
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping Pro Plugin
Multi Carrier Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce
Estimated Delivery Date Plugin for WooCommerce
WooCommerce Royal Mail Shipping with Tracking
WooCommerce Multi Vendor Shipping Addon
PH WooCommerce Product Addons
PH WooCommerce Deposits
Shopify Australia Post Shipping App with Rates, Label & Tracking
Shopify Ship, Rate, and Track for FedEx
Shopify Shipment Tracking & Notifications App
WooCommerce Shipping Services
Shopify Multi Carrier Shipping Label App
Multi Carrier Shipping Label for Magento
FedEx Ship, Rate & Track App for BigCommerce
WooCommerce Mobile App
Stamps.com USPS Shipping Extension with Postage for Magento
WordPress Tips and Tricks
Create a Motorbike Rental Website with Multiple Engine Capacities
In this article, we will cover one of the popular online booking scenarios – Online Motorbike Rental. We will check out how you can set up an Online Motor Bike Rental scenario with the help of WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin.
Online Motor Bike Rental
Steven’s is planning to provide online motorbike rentals with the following requirement. According to Steven,
Hello. I am planning to provide an online guided motorbike rental. I have 5 motorbikes,
- 4 X 1200cc
- 1 X 800cc
I want to provide the rental only on weekends. And it’s for only 1 – 5 people.
We wanted the ability to select a “preferred” engine size during checkout. So while booking there would be an option to choose between 1200cc or 800cc engine. However, if a single person has already booked the 800cc, that shouldn’t be available to choose for others.
Plugin Features Used
It is clear from the scenario that Steven can easily set this up using WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin. He can make use of the following features to set up his scenario:
Booking Slots & Availability
Based on Steven’s scenario, he can set up a product for Online MotorBike Rental. One Day slot every weekend, where customers can select a max of 4 bookings for 1200 cc and 1 booking for 800 cc at a time.
Steven provides rentals for up to 5 bikes per booking. He can set up Booking Participants where his customers can easily enter the number of people they want to book Bikes for. He can also make sure to charge for each bike booking by enabling Consider Each Participant as Separate Booking.
Assets for Engine Types
When it comes to Online MotorBike Rental, Steven has two types of Engines – 1200 cc and 800 cc. Based on the customer choice they can select a particular Bike depending upon the Engine Capacity and set dedicated Booking assets for each one of them and make sure their bookings are separate from each other.
Follow the steps below to set up Online Motor Bike Rental.
- Create a Bookable Product
- Set up Booking Period under Booking tab.
- Choose Enable Calendar Range with Blocks of 1 Day(s).
- Set Maximum Bookings per block as 5 (5 Motor Bikes).
- Enable the Remaining Bookings Setting to view the Remaining Available Blocks.
- Visit Bookings Availability and enable Make All Dates/Blocks Unavailable
- Set the Availability Rule for Weekends as shown in the image below.
- Visit Booking Assets and click on Enable.
- Click on Create a New Asset
- Create 2 Assets and name them 1200 cc and 800 cc with Quantity set to 4 and 1 respectively
- Click on Save Changes
- Visit the product and click on Update/Publish to see the assets under Bookings Asset
- Click on Add Assets and add both 1200 cc and 800 cc to the product as shown in the image below
- Visit Booking Participants and click on Enable. Here you can set up a field where customers will enter the number of Participant(s) they have.
- Create a Participant and name it Number of People
- Set Minimum value as 1 and Per Participant Cost as 100
- Enable Consider each Participant as separate booking
- Choose the Type of Bike from the drop-down asset list.
- Once the Bike Type is selected, Choose a Block Period and Enter the No. of People
- If you enter the No. of People more than the Maximum Quantity of Asset (800 cc), an Error Message is displayed since the maximum quantity of 800 cc Bike Type is 1
- Enter No. Of People as 1 and Make a Booking.
- You will Notice that the Particular Day is being Blocked and no more bookings will be accepted for 800cc Bike on that day.
Other WooCommerce Booking Use Cases
Apart from the scenario discussed in this article, check out the following use cases fulfilled by WooCommerce Bookings and Appointment plugin.