How to Download, Install & Update Magento 2.0 Extension?
How to download Magento extension?
If you are downloading the Magento plugin after purchasing it from PluginHive, check out the how to download the plugin.
How to install Magento 2.0 Extension to your Magento website?
This article gives you step-by-step instructions to install Magento 2.0 third-party shipping extension.
Steps to Install the Extension:
- Get the folder containing the extension
- Move to app folder from Magento root. Create a folder code inside the app.
- Copy the extension folder you into the code folder.
- Login to your SSH. Navigate to bin folder from Magento root.
- In the terminal, Run
./magento module:status. You can see the extension under the list of disabled modules.
./magento module:enable module_nameto enable the extension.
./magento module:statusto see the extension listed under enabled modules.
./magento setup:upgradeto upgrade the extension.
- After this, Login as Magento admin and navigate to Stores > Configuration > Sales > Shipping Methods. There you can find the newly installed Magento 2.0 extension.
Commonly used helpful UNIX commands.
To Know your current working directory use
To Know the contents of your current working directory use
If your terminal is not pointing to root directory by default. You may need to append
php before your Magento command to get executed. Use this if default execution is not working.
In some cases, you may need to manually change your var and pub folder accessibility after running
setup:upgrade. In such cases run
chmod -R 777 var pub from the Magento root folder.