WooCommerce UPS Shipping – Option to Create NAFTA Certificate of Origin
In this guide, we are going to show you how to create a NAFTA certificate of origin shipments for orders between the US, Mexico, and Canada for values exceeding $1000-2500. We will see how you can print this document using WooCommomerce UPS Shipping plugin. We will take a real-life business case to help you understand better.
The Business Case – NAFTA Certificate of Origin
To understand why and when you need NAFTA certificate of origin, let’s check out a query from one of our customers. This should help you Understand about NAFTA and when you will be needing it.
I am shipping from Canada to worldwide 16x11x15in 13.5 boxes with declared value of CAD4000 and commercial invoice value of CAD4800 or USD3500 (depending on destination). The shipment includes Lithium batteries installed in and included with equipment. Where can i find the option to create NAFTA Certificate of Origin when i ship to US for values exceeding $1000-2500.
This is just one case where you need NAFTA certificate of origin, but you will be needing NAFTA certificate mainly for these three cases when the order value is greater than:
- US$1,000 and is being sent to a Mexican destination from Canada or the U.S
- $2,500CAD (Canadian dollars) and is being sent to a Canadian destination from Mexico or the U.S.
- US$2,500 and is being sent to a U.S. destination from Canada or Mexico
Solution using WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce UPS shipping plugin is a very good plugin to ship the products within the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which consists of the country like the USA, Canada, and Mexico. You can print a shipping label and customer invoice within your WoCommerce dashboard.
Coming to the business case here, You can print NAFTA certificate of origin with WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin. You need to enable this option to generate the certificate. To enable the NAFTA certificate of origin go to “WooCommerce“—> “Settings” —> “UPS” —> Scroll down to “Advanced settings“. Here enable the NAFTA certificate and fill in the three fields:
- NAFTA Producer Option: The text associated with the code will be printed in the produce section instead of producer contact information. 01 AVAILABLE TO CUSTOMS UPON REQUEST, 02 SAME AS EXPORTER, 03-ATTACHED LIST, and 04 – UNKNOWN
- Blanket Period Begin Date: Begin date of the blanket period. It is the date upon which the Certificate becomes applicable to the good covered by the blanket Certificate (it may be prior to the date of signing this Certificate).
- Blanket Period End Date: End Date of the blanket period. It is the date upon which the blanket period expires.
Now to make sure you are able to print NAFTA Certificate of origin along with Invoice, we can try to generate a shipping label. This way you will better understanding.
Note: Make sure that the H.S. Tariff, Net Cost Code, Preference Criteria, and Producer Info under Product data are filled as shown in the below figure.
Now generate the shipping label and download the International form you will find NAFTA certificate origin along with the invoice. You can refer the below image.
NAFTA Certificate of Origin along with Invoice
UPS International Shipping Label
There you go! That’s how you enable and print NAFTA certificate of origin along with Commercial Invoice when using WooCommerce UPS Shipping plugin.
If you have any doubts or need help setting up UPS shipping on your WooCommerce-based website then feel free to Contact PluginHive Customer Support. Our support team should be able to help you out.
Good luck! 😊