How to Set Up Community Hall Availabilities and Pricing with WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments
In this guide, we will tell you how you can set up availabilities and pricing for the bookings made online for your Community Hall. We will use the WooCommerce Bookings plugin and take a real-life example to help you understand how it’s done.
The Business Case
Here’s one of our customers who wanted to set up an online booking system for his Community Hall. He wanted to specifically set up availabilities and pricing for the bookings. Here’s how PluginHive Customer Support team helped him achieve it using our WooCommerce Bookings plugin.
Customer: We rent a building, which consists of 3 different rooms, that can either be booked individually or in any combination of the three rooms. However, when at least one room is booked, all others become unavailable for rent.
- A large meeting hall for 100 people,
- A smaller meeting room for 25 people
- A kitchen
In any case, as soon as a booking is made e.g. 1 is booked, 2 and 3 are not bookable anymore.
Pricing for the community hall:
During weekends (Friday to Sunday):
Small room: $70
Large Room: $190
Small + Large room: $260
During weekdays (Monday to Thursday):
Small room: $45
Large Room: $115
Small + Large room: $160
Kitchen: Additional $60
Solution using WooCommerce Bookings
- Create three bookable products, Large meeting room, and Small meeting room and Combination of both Small and Large meeting halls and provide the max bookings as 100 and 25 and 125 respectively.
- Create a Bookable asset, say “Room” with the Quantity 1 under the Bookings Asset settings tab.
- Under the “Booking Assets” tab, choose “Automatically assigned” and assign the asset to each of the products.
- Under the Bookings Resources tab, add the Kitchen to each of the products and its respective cost.
- Set up the prices accordingly for each of the products based on the weekday and weekend price by navigating to the Booking Cost section under each of the product settings pages.
For Small Meeting Room:
For Large Meeting Room:
For Combination of Small and Large Meeting Room:
Now we will be able to achieve the expected results as per the business requirement where if the larger meeting room is booked, all other rooms will get booked automatically and vice-versa for the same date/time slot. Have a look at the images below.
There you go! That’s how you set up availabilities and pricing for the bookings made online for your Community Hall with WooCommerce Bookings plugin from PluginHive.
If you have any doubts or need help setting up Bookings on your WooCommerce-based website then feel free to Contact PluginHive Customer Support. Our support team should be able to help you out.