Understanding FedEx Shipping Rates in your Shopify Store
Whichever platform you are using for your store, there are possibilities for difficulties in the shipping process. So, you have to be aware of all the problems that often occur in the shipping process.
Also, it is very important for you to have a complete understanding of the shipping rates of the carriers, like FedEx if this is your shipping provider. This is important so that the delivery of products to your customers can be done smoothly.
The shipping rates for all the carriers are calculated on the basis of your package weight, the dimension of the box, the shipping location, domestic or international locations, and many other factors. Thus, having a better understanding of the FedEx shipping rates will help you track your delivery process and plan your future deliveries accordingly.
This article gives a complete understanding of how the various FedEx shipping rates are displayed on the Shopify cart page. This process is done by using the Shopify FedEx App, allowing you to make the most out of it.
FedEx shipping methods available for your Shopify
Consider that your Shopify store deals with both domestic and international customers and you want to deliver your products using FedEx services. Now, a customer from another country wants to order one of your products. Like anyone, he or she would want the cheapest international FedEx shipping service in order to purchase your product. By using the Shopify FedEx shipping app, you can offer them the cheapest and the best international FedEx service. Similar is the case of FedEx domestic services.
The Shopify FedEx app will help you deliver your products to your customers, by offering them the required FedEx shipping service. Now, let us examine the FedEx services offered by this app for domestic and international shipping.
FedEx Domestic Services
- FedEx First Overnight
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- FedEx Standard Overnight
- FedEx 2-Day A.M
- FedEx 2-Day
- FedEx Express Saver
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Home Delivery
- FedEx SmartPost (if enabled in account)
FedEx International Services
- FedEx International Economy
- FedEx International First
- FedEx International Priority
- FedEx Europe First International Priority
- FedEx International Ground
About FedEx Freight Services
Freight is the shipping service offered by FedEx for transporting goods in large quantities via land, air, or sea. Freight shipping methods saves both cost and space, which is mainly useful for small businesses. In order for the shipment to be eligible for FedEx Freight, the package should weigh more than 150 lbs. FedEx freight can be used for the packages that weigh between 150 and 15,000 lbs.
Services offered by FedEx freight are:
- FedEx 1-Day Freight
- FedEx 2-Day Freight
- FedEx 3-Day Freight
- FedEx International Economy Freight
- FedEx International Priority Freight
- FedEx Freight
- FedEx National Freight
- FedEx Freight Priority
- FedEx Freight Economy
- FedEx First Freight
Freight Classes: They have been created to provide users with a common standard freight pricing. They are based on the weight, height, and length of the package.
If you wish to know more freight service, visit the FedEx freight services page.
Understanding FedEx Rates using Shopify FedEx Shipping App
The Shopify FedEx shipping app is a complete shipping app for your Shopify store if you wish to use FedEx courier service. The main features of this app are:
- Helps you completely automate FedEx shipping
- Displays live shipping rates on your Shopify checkout page
- Print shipping labels from within Shopify
- Automatically identify the boxes to pack the items
- Enable order tracking
The Shopify FedEx app offers seamless integration between FedEx and Shopify. It also automates FedEx domestic, international, and freight shipping rates. This also includes the negotiated rates for your account, directly on the checkout page. You have to enter your FedEx credentials, configure your account, and then you will get real-time FedEx shipping rates along with the negotiated rates directly from FedEx.
You can even adjust shipping rates, ie. add handling charges or even provide shipping discounts to your customers by adjusting the shipping rates based on different FedEx services.
Why Shopify FedEx App?
- The Shopify FedEx app is the best choice for understanding the FedEx rates. The best thing about this app is that it does everything in real-time. For example, if your customer updates their cart by increasing the quantity of the product, the cart will quickly refresh and update the FedEx shipping rate based on the quantity. This is done by referring to the FedEx servers that instantly responds to the requested quantity and displays the exact shipping rate on the checkout page.
- The Shopify FedEx app fetches shipping rates from your FedEx account for both domestic as well as international shipping services based on the product weight, box-dimensions, destination address, etc.
Configuring Shipping Rates Using the Shopify FedEx App
Now, let us see the configuration of FedEx rates and how the rates are displayed on the Shopify checkout page for both domestic and international shipping.
For configuring the FedEx account and to show real-time rates at the checkout page, follow the below steps.
Step 1: Under the “Account” tab, provide the FedEx account details and integrate your FedEx account with the Shopify FedEx app.
Step 2: Go to the “Address” tab and make sure that the store address from which you are shipping is made as the “default address”. In this example, there is only one address for the store, so it is the default address.
Step 3: Now, under the “Rates” tab, you can see the different services supported by the Shopify FedEx app. You can enable all the services or enable according to your preferences.
Step 4: Add a product to the cart and checkout. You can see the FedEx rate for the selected address.
A few special features
You can disable the services according to your choice under the “Rates” tab. For example, if you do not want to provide the “FedEx 2-day Saturday Delivery”, you can disable the particular service and enable the rest of the services. If all of your products weigh less than 150 lbs, then you do not want the FedEx freight service, as this service is for the products which weigh 150 lbs to 15,000 lbs. You can disable the freight services and enable all other services.
Two main features are provided by the Shopify FedEx app under rate configuration.
- Adjustment Value: These are fixed extra amounts that the store owner can add along with the actual shipping rate.
- Adjustment (%): These are percentage (%) additions, along with the actual shipping cost by the store owner.
Consider this example:,
These are the FedEx shipping rates for international shipping without adding any adjustment value or adjustment (%). Now, an adjustment value of 50 is added to the FedEx International Priority Service.
You can clearly see that the shipping rate has increased by an amount of 50 for the FedEx International Priority service, ie. Rs. 7211 to Rs. 7261. For adjustment (%), you can add a percentage value to the actual shipping rate.
Points to be noted here
- It is really important to make sure that your customers do not encounter any problems while choosing their shipping service. If you offer the FedEx shipping rates that are either too costly, or they do not find it good, then it might drive them away. Thus, it becomes very crucial to make sure that the shipping options provided are favorable to them as well.
- Another point to notice is that even if you enable all the shipping services, they might be able to see only a few of the services on the Shopify checkout page. This happens because of the location of the customer’s address is not serviceable using some of the FedEx shipping services. To put it simply, these locations do not qualify for the particular FedEx service. Here is an example:.
- Under the “Rates” tab, you can see that all the services available in the Shopify FedEx app are enabled.
At the checkout page, you can see that only two FedEx services are available for that the particular address.
The Shopify FedEx app fetches the shipping rates directly from the FedEx servers and provides live rates to the customers on the checkout page. It also helps in various other processes like generating the shipping label, tracking the order, etc. FedEx is a popular courier service among global customers and will continue to grow in the future as well. If you’re a Shopify store owner who deals or wants to deal with FedEx shipments, our app would be the best choice for you. If you wish to know more about our product, please do visit the Shopify FedEx app page.
We hope this article has have helped you to understand the workings of the FedEx shipping rates in your Shopify stores, and how the Shopify FedEx app can be used to understand the FedEx rates. If you have any queries regarding the FedEx rates, do contact us. Our support team will help you resolve any issues.