Display Real-time Australia Post Shipping Rates on Your Shopify Store
Real-time shipping rates are rates calculated by carriers based on factors like shipping destination, product weight & dimensions, and expected delivery time.
This article covers what are the requirements for getting Australia Post shipping rates & how to get rates at your Shopify checkout. Although Shopify is one of the best platforms to sell your products using multiple carriers like USPS, UPS & more, you need a Shopify app like Australia Post Rates and Labels app to handle the Australia Post shipping.
Requirements for getting Shopify Australia Post Rates
There are five requirements before getting Australia Post rates:
1. Get your Australia Post Account: To get shipping rates & start shipping you need Australia Post account.
2. Enable carrier-calculated shipping rates: To connect your own shipping carrier accounts to Shopify, you need to have the carrier-calculated shipping feature on your store’s Shopify subscription plan.
3. Add products to your Shopify store & validate the product weights
4. Verify your shipping address
5. Add Shopify application & enable it to get checkout rates
Configure Shopify Australia Post Shipping App
Step 1: Head to Account & provide the Australia Post account credentials to activate the app.
Step 2: Under the Address, make sure that your store address from which you are shipping is the Default address.
Step 3: Configure Packaging . There are two options available in Packaging:
- Weight-Based Packaging
- Box Packaging
- Packing Method – Select Weight-based packing method if you want to pack the products based on their weight. This method allows you to pack different products together in a single package.
- Max Weight – You can set the maximum weight up to which all the products can be packed in a single package. If the weight of the products exceeds this Max Weight, remaining products in the cart will be packed into another package.
- Weight Unit – You can choose from different units of weights and dimensions.
- Box Packing method uses pre-defined boxes configured in the app which includes Australia Post Boxes and Custom Boxes configured by the User. The algorithm packs all the items in the Order into the boxes in the most efficient manner by taking into account the following factors:
1. Box Dimensions and Item Dimensions
2. Box weight and Item weight
If none of the boxes are capable of fitting an item, then that specific item will be self packed into an individual package.
There is an option for selecting the type of box which can be used to ship the products.
Step 4: Click on the Rates & under Carrier Services enable the Australia Post Shipping Service/s to display the shipping rates at the checkout:
After enabling you will be able to see the Australia Post shipping rates at Shopify checkout as shown below.
Other Australia Post fulfilment processes within Shopify
Australia Post Rates and Labels app helps in fulfilling your entire shipping process by:
- Printing Australia Post Shipping Labels
- Printing manifests
- Live Tracking for Australia Post & StarTrack shipments
In this article, we discussed in detail how to get real-time Australia Post rates We hope that this article helps you understand the process in the right way.
If you face any issues or you have any queries regarding the real-time Australia Post rates, feel free to contact our team of experts!