Automatic Shipping Label Generation Made Easy with Shopify Australia Post App
In this article, we will see how Shopify Australia Post App enables Shopify merchants to automate their shipping label generation process. We will explore the steps and necessary app features that would come useful while doing so. Read along.
Most medium-scale Shopify stores get up to 50 orders per week. For such online stores, calculating Australia Post shipping estimates, generating and printing the shipping labels may seem less time-consuming. But it cannot be regarded as a long-term solution, especially for the stores that get more than, say, 100 orders per week.
It’s well-known that Shopify handles shipping pretty well. But it doesn’t have the outright features to handle important tasks like generating and printing Australia Post labels. For that, you will have to use a shipping solution like Australia Post Rates and Labels app.
Shopify Australia Post App for Your Online Store
Australia Post Rates and Labels App is a complete shipping solution for the Shopify stores. It’s a great solution for people looking to seamlessly integrate their store with Australia Post.
This app offers to display real-time Australia Post shipping rates for domestic as well as international shipments at the checkout along with advanced features such as bulk shipping label creation, pickup, shipment tracking, etc.,
Now, let’s have a look at the main features of this app.
- Generate and Download Australia Post Shipping Labels: Generate shipping labels for your orders as soon as the customer places an order for both domestic as well as international orders.
- Real-Time Shipping Rates: Based on factors like product weight, shipping destination, etc, this App fetches shipping rates from your Australia Post and StarTrack account for both domestic and international shipping services.
- Seamless Integration between Australia Post and Shopify: This app helps in seamless integration between Australia Post and Shopify. Just enter your account credentials and the app provides you with real-time Australia Post shipping rates and other features.
- Shipment Tracking: While generating the label, the order tracking number is returned from Australia Post. Both you and your customers can track orders by clicking on the “View your order” in the Order Shipped email.
- Shipping Rates Adjustment: If required, you can add handling charges as a fixed value or as a percentage value. Also, you can provide shipping discounts to your customers by adjusting the shipping rates based on different Australia Post Services.
Creating Shipping Labels for Shopify Orders
Now let’s check out the necessary steps required to generate and download labels using the Australia Post Rates and Labels app.
Create Shipping Label for Single Orders
In order to generate the Australia Post shipping label for a single order, there are two methods; Manual and Automatic.
Follow the steps below for generating labels using the Manual method.
- Under the Orders section, go to the details of the order for which you want to generate the Australia Post shipping label.
Under More Actions, click “Au Post Generate Label” to manually generate Australia Post shipping labels for the selected order.
- Now, you will get redirected to the label generation page. At the bottom of the page, you will find the option to refresh and select the shipping service manually. Select the service and generate the label. The packages will be generated based on the Packaging Method created in the app settings page.
Follow the steps below for generating labels using the Automatic method.
- Go to the Orders section.
- Select the order for which you want to create the Australia Post shipping label.
- Under Actions, click on “Au Post Generate Labels” to generate Australia Post shipping labels for the required order.
Creating Shipping Labels for Shopify Orders in bulk
In order to generate the Australia Post shipping labels for all the orders in a single click, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Orders section under the dashboard.
- Select all the orders for which you want the Australia Post shipping labels and then click on Actions and click on “Au Post Generate Labels” to generate Australia Post shipping labels for all the orders.
- This will redirect you to the Label Generation page which will have the option to track the order, download label and cancel label.
- Now, select all the orders and click on Download Documents.
- The labels for all the selected orders will be downloaded as a zip file. You can also download the label for each order separately as per your requirement.
A sample label for one of the orders is shown here.
This article covers one of the most important features for the Shopify store owners – Generating the shipping labels in bulk. Shopify Australia Post app will help the store owners in automating this process such that they can select all the orders and generate shipping labels in a single click.
If you have any queries regarding the App or this article, then feel free to contact us. Our team would be able to solve any issues that you face.
Good luck 🙂