WooCommerce Bookings Add-ons – Create Groups of People/Family/Teams
In this article, we will cover WooCommerce Bookings and Appointment plugin and its Participants feature. We will cover how you can combine the number of participants to create a separate group. This way you can set up a group for Family or Team booking with Family and Team being a group of multiple people. Let us check out how WooCommerce Bookings and Appointment plugin help you in setting this up with the Bookings Participant Groups add-on.
Bookings Participant Groups Add-on plugin
What does it do?
This add-on plugin allows you to set up a participant group based on an existing participant. Then you can assign the number of group members to that group. The group member count will determine how many slots that particular participant will take while placing a booking.
- WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin [Version 1.1.13 and above]
- Bookings Participant Groups Add-on plugin
Where can you use it?
The Booking Participant Groups add-on is a perfect tool for Adventure Package Bookings where you offer booking based on a team of people. You have to predefine the number of people in a team so that the customers can book accordingly. Similarly, the booking cost would be calculated based on the teams selected while booking.
Most importantly, the Booking Participant Groups add-on accurately calculates the remaining booking slots based on the number of people already who have already booked. All you need to do is create a Group and set the number of people allowed in that group.
Business Case: Consider Family as a Participant with a fixed value 4 for Tour Booking
While setting up ticket booking using the WooCommerce Bookings plugin, I want the customers to choose how many families will be traveling when it comes to a single booking. The Family option will be considered as 4 members and hence 4 tickets will be booked for a single order.
Follow the steps below to set up Tour Booking based on the scenario above.
- Download the Bookings Participant Groups Add-on plugin from here
- Install the plugin on your WooCommerce store and click on plugin setting
- In the plugin settings page, enter the name of the participant under the Participant Group Name section.
The image shows the participant Family added to the plugin.
- Enter the numeric value which you want the plugin to consider for that particular participant.
The image shows the participant Family with the numeric-value added like 4.
- Click on Save Changes
- Visit the product page and book a slot for 1 Family
- The image below shows the remaining slots available. You can see the slots decreased by 4 and 4 slots being booked for a single-family.
WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin is a one-stop bookings solution when it comes to WooCommerce store owners. The plugin supports multiple bookings scenarios and additional customized solutions which are discussed in this article.
If you have any queries based on the plugins discussed above, or you have a complex booking scenario, feel free to contact our support team. We will try our best to help you find a solution and set up your online WooCommerce store.