Subscription-Based Booking for Fitness Center—Set up using WooCommerce Bookings
In this guide, we will tell you how to set up a subscription-based booking for your fitness center using WooCommerce Bookings plugin and Recurrence Booking Add-On from PluginHive. We’ll take an example to help you understand how the process works.
Business Case: Subscription-Based Booking
Charlette Fitness Center has a bi-monthly check-in system which is meant to help members achieve their goals, whether fat loss or muscle gains. Members can buy a subscription once or for multiple times, with the maximum subscription period for 6 months. The Fitness Center can only accommodate up to 50 members for any given hour. Here are the rest of the details.
Subscription fees: $30
Monday to Friday: 5 AM – 8 PM
Saturday: 8 AM – 2 PM
Sunday: 10 AM – 2 PM
WooCommerce Bookings Plugin features used:
To set the Charlette fitness center Booking Availability times as per the center opening times.
To set the Booking Cost for the subscription packages.
This add-on is to be used along with PluginHive’s WooCommerce Bookings plugin only. This add-on is used to provide customers with the subscription-based model booking.
Let’s see the working and how both the solutions work together.
Solution using WooCommerce Bookings Plugin
Kindly follow the below steps to fulfill the complete business requirement:
- Create a Bookable Product, say “Personal Training”
- Set up Booking Period under the Booking tab
- Choose Fixed Blocks of 1 Hour.
- Please note that Calendar range must be disabled when using the Recurrence booking add-on.
- Set the Maximum bookings of 50 per block as no more than 50 members can be booked at any given hour.
- Enable “Remaining bookings” so that the customers can able to see the number of seats left for any particular time slot.
- Under the Bookings Availability section, provide the availability timings of the Charlette fitness centre.
- Under the Bookings Cost section, provide the subscription fee for a single bi-monthly subscription.
- Under the Recurrent bookings section, select the option “Enable Recurring Bookings” to allow the product to be booked on a bi-monthly basis.
- Select the option Book Every 2nd week for the recurrent-booking to take place bi-monthly.
- Select the option Repeat 11 times as the maximum limit for the subscription is 6 months or 12 weeks (the beginning of the subscription is already included).
- Enable the option Allow Customers to opt recurrent bookings so that the customer can choose the duration of the subscription from the drop-down.
- Voila! Now, Charlette Fitness Center will be able to provide subscription-based bookings for their fitness training on a bi-monthly basis as illustrated in the screenshots below:
- Say, if customer A wants to book for 6 months subscription, starting from July 18th 5 AM, the booking cost for the 6 months subscription period will be $360, with last subscription booking starting at 19th December at 5 PM.
- The same will also be reflected on the cart page.
- The admin will be able to see the booking order details from the Bookings section on his WordPress admin dashboard.
- And once the order is successfully placed, we will see that Charlette Fitness Center has only 49 seats remaining for all the recurring slots starting from 18th July 5 PM, 1st August 5 PM and so on.
That’s how easy to set up a Fitness Center subscription-based booking using WooCommerce Bookings plugin from PluginHive.
If you have any doubts or need help setting up Bookings on your WooCommerce-based website then feel free to Contact PluginHive Customer Support. Our support team should be able to help you out.
Good Luck! 😊