How to Set Booking Assets using WooCommerce Bookings and Appointments plugin?
This tutorial is about setting up booking assets using WooCommerce Bookings and Appointment plugin to display additional staff members while placing a booking on your website.
The Bookings Assets feature allows users to add one or more bookable asset with the product, that will be displayed along with the booking calendar where customers can choose any one asset from the list. This tool can be used to set up cases where you have to offer additional people (staff members), items or services, along with the product.
Adding New Assets via Global Settings
In order to use the assets functionality, you need to first create assets based on your requirements. You can set up different assets for services, staff, etc. You can set up assets by following the steps below:
- Click on the Settings section under Bookings.
- Click on Assets
- Click on Add
- Enter the Asset Name
- Enter the Asset Quantity. This quantity is the number of times an asset is available.
- Click on Save Changes
Setting Asset Availability
Now that you have successfully added assets to your online store, however, before adding the assets to the products, you need to set availability rules for all your assets. You can set the availability for your assets using the following steps,
- While on the Assets tab in the Bookings Settings, click on Add under Asset Availability.
- Choose the asset for which you want to create availability rule under Asset. All your assets will be available as a drop-down option.
- Select the availability range based on the options shown in the image below.
- Now set the From option in order to make the asset available/unavailable, after a certain duration.
- Similarly, set the To option in order to make the asset available/unavailable, before a certain duration.
- Now set the Bookable option to whether you want to make the asset available or unavailable for booking, based on the rule.
- Click on Save Changes.
Assigning Assets to Bookable Products
Once you have created assets and asset availability, you can add the assets to the respective bookable products with the help of the steps below.
- Click on Products.
- Edit the product for which you want to set up assets.
- You can enable the assets under the Booking Assets option by clicking on the Enable option as shown below.
- Once you enable the Assets for the bookable products, the following options will be available in the product edit option.
You can set up the above options based on your requirements.
This option allows you to choose whether the assets will be assigned automatically to the booking or the customers will have a choice to book assets with the bookable products. This option has the following values that you can set.
- Let Customers Choose
- Automatically Assigned
This option allows you to enter a custom description for your assets that will be visible on the product page while a customer places a booking.
This option allows you to add assets to the bookable products. You can choose to add any and all the assets to the product and even set the cost for each asset. This cost will be added to the total cost.
- Create A New Asset
If you require a new asset based on your product, you can click on Create A New Asset and you will be redirected to the Asset Global Settings page where you can create a new asset and set up availability for your asset.
- Once you add the asset to the to the bookable product, all the assets will be available for the product as shown below.
Setting Up Asset Cost
Once you have assigned the assets to the bookable products, it is time you set up the asset cost for that particular product.
- On the product edit page, you can set up the asset cost in the fields that are present in front of the asset name.
- Booking cost is calculated based on the following
- Base Cost
This cost will be the one-time cost for the asset when booked with the bookable products.
- Block Cost
This cost will be based on the number of blocks (booking duration) and will be multiplied with the number of blocks that a customer books.
- Base Cost
- Once you are done with setting up the asset cost, just click on Update.
- The asset that you have created and assigned to your bookable product will be visible on the product page on top of the calendar, as shown in the image below.
- Once the customer places the booking, the asset cost would be added to the cost of the bookable product, as shown in the image below.
For more information on how to set up the bookings plugin, and how to make use of different features of the plugin like booking resources, booking participants, and a lot more, please refer the documentation.