UPS Shipping Guide for Multi Vendor using WooCommerce Product Vendors
In this article, we will check out how to streamline the complete UPS shipping process for your WooCommerce store with multiple vendors. We will be using UPS Shipping plugin to automate real-time UPS shipping rates on your cart and checkout page, generate shipping labels directly from your WooCommerce store and getting live shipment tracking updates via email. To set up a WooCommerce store with multiple vendors, we will be using WooCommerce Product Vendors plugin.
This article will cover how combining these plugins will provide you a robust UPS shipping solution for WooCommerce multivendor store and a great experience for you as well as your vendors.
How to Fulfill Orders in a WooCommerce Multi Vendor Store?
Now, since we have a clear picture of a multi vendor store, let us see how you can fulfill the orders on your WooCommerce multi vendor store using the following plugins:
- WooCommerce Product Vendors
- WooCommerce UPS Plugin
- Advanced Shipping for WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Plugin
Setting up the Plugins
WooCommerce Product Vendors
- Creating Vendors – Head to Vendors under the “Products” section of your dashboard. You can add as many vendors as you have by entering the store name and email id.
Once the vendors are created, a Vendor Admin has to be assigned to each of the vendors since the shipping process is handled by the Vendor Admin. Once the order is placed, the order details will be sent to the Vendors and they have to send the package to the Vendor Admin.
Make sure that the address and other details are entered correctly for each Vendor Admin.
Once the vendor admin is set for each vendor, you can see that under the Users section of your dashboard.
Note: You can set multiple vendors for each Vendor Admin.
- Creating Products for Vendors – The Store Vendor can assign products to the vendors.
Once the above two steps are completed, you can see the changes in the Vendors page as shown below.
WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin
- Set up the UPS Carrier Account under the plugin settings
- Set up the shipper address and other details
- Navigate to Label Generation (Advance settings) under the plugin settings. Make sure that Vendor is selected under “Send Shipping Label via Email”.
For more details on the setting up of the UPS Shipping Plugin, head to Setting Up WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin.
Advanced Shipping for WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Plugin
Using this plugin, you can change the way the cart behaves when two products from two different vendors are added to the cart. To be precise, this plugin has two options – Split and Sum, and Split and Separate, which will be explained below.
- Set the carriers to vendor account – Since there is no separate account for the vendors here, the UPS carrier account details will be the same as that entered in the UPS Plugin settings.
- Set the calculation of shipping – Under the Multi-vendor plugin settings, set the “Display Shipping Rates On Cart” to Split and Separate. Now, the shipping rates will be displayed at the cart separately for both vendors.
If you set the “Display Shipping Rates On Cart” to Split and Sum, the shipping rates will be displayed as the sum of shipping rates of both the vendors.
Order Fulfilment using UPS
- Once the customer adds both these products to the cart, he can see the vendor name displayed under each product.
- On the cart page, the shipping rates will be shown separately for each vendor if “Split and Separate” feature is selected.
The shipping rates are shown as the sum of shipping rates of both vendors if “Split and Sum” feature is selected.
- Once the order is placed, an email will be sent to each of the vendors which will contain the order information of their product.
- Go to the order details and complete the order by selecting the order and generating the UPS shipping label.
- Once the labels are generated, emails will be sent to the Vendor Admin. Now, they can print the labels and ship the product.
We hope this guide helps you to fulfill the orders from your multi-vendor store using the WooCommerce UPS Shipping Plugin. This way you can make sure your business is organized and you enjoy seamless shipping experience directly from your WooCommerce store.
In case of any doubts or help regarding setting up UPS shipping on your WooCommerce-based website then feel free to contact our Shipping Experts. Our team will definitely help you out.
If you are using WCFM Marketplace to set up your WooCommerce multi vendor store, you can refer to UPS Shipping Guide for WooCommerce Multi Vendor with WCFM Marketplace.