Troubleshooting WooCommerce Shipping Plugin for FedEx with Print Label
With this guide, we are going to help you troubleshoot the WooCommerce Shipping Plugin for FedEx with Print Label so you get the expected output for FedEx shipping rates, labels, and address validation. Read along to know more.
Troubleshoot for not getting FedEx rates at all
If you are not getting the FedEx shipping rates at all, then there might be some reasons for not fetching real-time shipping rates from FedEx APIs. The list of reasons is as given below:
- Enable Shipping: That sounds a bit trivial. But sometimes we forget to select Enable shipping checkbox. By default, Enable Shipping is disabled. So this should be your first check. You must enable shipping at two places:
- You should select the checkbox at WooCommerce Settings as shown below:
- You should also select the checkbox at FedEx Plugin Settings as shown below:
- Weight and Dimensions: FedEx shipping carrier use the weight and the dimensions of your product (Length, Width & Height) to calculate the shipping cost (besides using the origin and destination address). So make sure that you enter the Weight and the Dimension of your product in Product Settings as shown below:
If you have done the above basic checks and still not getting rates, then you must enable debug mode to get the exact reason for not getting rates.
If you are not getting proper rates (lesser or higher than expected), not getting all the available shipping options, not getting rates at all or not getting Print Labels, then you enable Debug option to find the error(s). You can also see the warning(s) by the WooCommerceFedEx Shipping Plugin.
By enabling debug mode, you can trace issue using log. You can see information about debugging at the top of the Cart and Checkout page. Select the Debug Mode checkbox in FedEx Plugin Settings to enable debug mode as shown below:
After enabling debug mode, add a product to cart. Go to the Cart/Checkout page to see the debugging information. Ensure that you have entered a proper shipping address. If you are not getting rates at all, then you need to check the response sent by FedEx to know the exact reason for not showing the rates. The cases are explained in the below section.
- Shipping address Error: In case, the customer does not enter the correct postal code, then FedEx does not display the rates. The customer gets the message as shown below:
To know the reason, you need to check the response sent by FedEx as shown below:
From the above response, you can clearly make out that postal code is not correct. So correct it by clicking on Calculate Shipping in Cart/Checkout page as shown below:
- Authentication Error: In Case, credentials of FedEx are not correct, then FedEx does not display the rates. You get the message as shown below:
From this response, you can clearly make out that authorization is a problem. So you can enter the correct credentials in the FedEx Plugin Settings page as shown below:
For Testing, you can use the FedEx credentials as given below:
- FedEx Account Number: 510087127
- FedEx Meter Number: 118675423
- Web Services Key: q8ncE6XYWCf4kPNx
- Web Services Password: WwVzOMiam84RYDrn98nZL5Wo3
Troubleshoot for correct FedEx rates
The Request is sent to FedEx by the plugin with Zipping code for the source, destination, and dimensions of the product, etc. The sample Request to FedEx is as shown below:
- Recheck Packaging Type (at location 1 in the FedEx Request screenshot). According to your requirement, if it is not correct, you can Enable, Disable, and Add the required box dimension by navigating to FedEx Plugin Settings as shown below:
- Recheck postal code and country code of shipper. According to your requirement, if it is not correct, you can correct it as mentioned below:
- For POSTAL CODE navigate to shipping setting of FedEx and correct it as shown below:
- For COUNTRY CODE navigate to WooCommerce General settings and correct it as shown below:
- Recheck Rate Request Type: It indicates the setting of rates in the FedEx plugin settings. It can contain two values as shown below:
- None: It indicates Account rates.
- List: It indicates List rates.
According to your requirement, if it is not correct, you can correct it by navigating to FedEx Plugin Settings as shown below:
- Recheck PostalCode, City, State or Province Code, and Country Code. According to your requirement, if it is not correct, you can correct it by navigating to the cart/checkout page as mentioned below:
- Recheck weight of the product with units. You can recheck the weight of the product by navigating to Admin Product setting as shown below:
- Recheck Dimensions of the box with units. If box dimensions are not correct according to you, add the box with required dimension by navigating to FedEx Plugin setting as shown below:
- Recheck if the product is insured or not. In case it is not correct as per your requirement, change it by navigating to FedEx Plugin Settings of the plugin as shown below:
- Recheck for special service like FedEx One. In case, it is not correct as per your requirement, check/uncheck it by navigating to FedEx Plugin Settings of the plugin as shown below:
Note: If all the information sent to FedEx is valid, you can contact FedEx. Or you can go to the FedEx site and log in with your User ID. After login, enter the same information in FedEx Calculator to get the quote.
- FedEx Response: You get the Response sent by FedEx with rates for different services. You can see the response to analyzing information sent from FedEx.
On cart/checkout page, you get two sets of Request and Response if the FedEx Freight service is enabled. The first set is for either FedEx or FedEx One services, and the second set is for FedEx Freight services.
Troubleshoot for FedEx shipping labels
If you are not able to print labels, then it could be because of a reason listed below:
- Product Existence: Sometimes we try to print a label for the product which is removed from the shop. So check if the product still exists in your shop.
- Weight and Dimensions: While printing labels, the weight and dimensions are needed to calculate shipping cost. So make sure that you have properly set the weight and dimensions of your products.
- Service Eligibility: If the selected service in Admin Order page(shown in the below screenshot) is not available for the particular location/product, you will get the error about service eligibility.
- Shipper address details: To let FedEx process shipment requests and generate shipping labels, it’s necessary to enter a valid address in the shipper address fields. If you’re not able to print shipping labels, please check the following address fields and try again.
To know details about the available services for required location/product contact FedEx.
If you are facing issues with label printing, enable Debug option in FedEx Plugin Settings to find an error(s).
- Authentication Error: If the authentication information like FedEx Account Number, FedEx Meter Number, Web Services Key, or password are not correct, you get the error as shown below:
From this response, you can clearly make out that authorization is a problem. Correct it in the settings page as shown below:
- Service Eligibility: If the preferred service with the selected box is not available for the particular location/product, you will get the error as shown below:
In case, you get the error message as highlighted above, service and packaging type in Sample Fedex Request are as shown below:
But the above Service and Package Type is available only for FedEx One option. If you want the same package, then you must enable FedEx One service option by navigating to FedEx Settings as shown below:
Or you can customize the box by navigating to FedEx Plugin Settings as shown below:
To know details about the available services for required location/product contact FedEx. If it’s still not working, please contact the support team. We will help you to troubleshoot any issue.
Troubleshoot for FedEx Address Validation
FedEx has a special service for address validation called the ‘Address Validation API’. If this service is not activated for your FedEx account, you could get the following error in your FedEx Response.
FedEx ADDRESS VALIDATION RESPONSE returns [Message] => Authentication Failed
To solve this, please ensure you’re using the Production credentials and you’ve enabled the Production Key option in the plugin settings.
Note: Given that FedEx Address Validation service works only under a live/production environment, you cannot use your test account.
If your account doesn’t support this service, then please contact FedEx with your account details and request them to activate this service for your account. Please refer to this article on WooCommerce FedEx Address Validation to know more about topic.
If you need any more help setting up the WooCommerce Shipping Plugin for FedEx with Print Label, feel free to contact our Contact PluginHive Customer Support. We will try our best to help you find a solution.
Good luck! 🙂