WooCommerce Shipping Plugins Comparison Chart – Multiple vs. Individual Carrier-Integration
WooCommerce Multiple Carrier Shipping Plugin by PluginHive is empowered with the table rate shipping feature along with real-time rates from popular shipping carriers such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL Express & Stamps.com (USPS). This plugin can potentially provide a complete shipping solution for your business.
Using this plugin, you can set rules using various parameters like Shipping class, Product category, Prices based on weight, Item quantity, and Price. It won’t be possible to achieve this with plugins that have individual shipping carrier integration (though there are code snippets that help you achieve some).
This is a welcome addition to some of our other popular plugins that have individual shipping carrier integration such as:
- WooCommerce UPS Shipping plugin
- WooCommerce FedEx Shipping plugin
- WooCommerce Canada Post Shipping plugin
WooCommerce Multi-carrier Shipping Plugin offers unique functionalities
Compared to the above plugins, you can use the Multi-carrier plugin more effectively in the following scenarios:
- Changing the order in which the shipping methods appear on the cart page.
- Restricting particular shipping methods based on product type, region, pin codes, weight, price, number of items, etc.
- Grouping of shipping methods as per your convenience. You can group some shipping methods if you wish to display only the cheapest shipping method.
- Price adjustment to the shipping rates can be done based on a number of factors.
Thus, Multi-carrier plugin gives you more flexibility in terms of calculating and displaying rates. Besides, currency conversion is done automatically. So, you need not worry if your shipping carrier fetches rates in CAD and your WooCommerce currency is set up to display rates in USD.
The multi-carrier plugin is preferred by many WooCommerce store owners owing to its obvious advantages. However, when you consider the entire process of shipping, individual plugins might prove to be more effective. For example, FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS, and Stamps.com plugins can be used to print shipping labels. UPS plugin can be used for Shipment Tracking as well. So, it would be a good idea to compare the functionalities of these plugins before choosing. That way you would be able to understand which plugin suits your business requires more effectively.
Here’s a comparison chart that might help you pick the right one: