Shipping Label Generation using Shopify FedEx App
In this article, we will explain how to generate shipping labels using the Shopify FedEx App for a single order. You will learn how to handle package settings in the manual label generation process and the process of label cancellation.
If you would like to know how to automatically generate labels for multiple orders, please refer Bulk Shipping Label Generation Made Easy with Shopify FedEx App.
How to Generate the FedEx Shipping Label in Manual Mode?
In order to generate the FedEx shipping label for an order using the Manual Mode, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to the Orders section and go to the “details” of the order for which you want to generate the FedEx shipping label.
Step 2: Click on More Actions and then on Generate Labels to manually generate FedEx shipping labels for the selected order.
Now, the page will get redirected to the Manual label generation page.
- Select the proper From Address for the FedEx label. For stores with a single location, there will be only one address available.
- The packages will be already generated based on the Packaging Method created in the app settings. You can Add, Edit, Adjust or Remove the package according to your choice.
- You will also have options to enable or disable insurance to the package and generate return labels along with the forward labels.
As mentioned above, you can add, edit, adjust or remove the package according to your choice.
Adding and Removing a Package
When you click on generate label for an order, the packages are automatically generated for the particular order. Now, if you want to change the automatically generated package and create a new one, you can remove the existing package and add a new one.
While adding a new package, you will have the option to select the type of box and the quantity of products to be added into the package.
Edit the Package
This option is available to edit the automatically generated package. Similar to “Add” package option, you will have the option to choose the type of box and the quantity of product to be added in the box.
Adjust the Package
Using this option, you can adjust the package properties like Weight, Length, Width, and Height of the package.
How to Cancel the Generated FedEx Shipping Labels?
In order to cancel the FedEx shipping label that you have created, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Shipping section in FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app. Here, a list of orders will be displayed for which labels have been generated.
- Click on Cancel Label for the order for which you want to cancel the shipment.
- You can see that the canceled label appears in another section and there is an option to create a new label for the canceled order.
Final thoughts on Label Generation using Shopify FedEx App
Now you know how to generate FedEx Shipping labels in manual mode using the FedEx rates, labels, and tracking app. We also explained the package settings and how to cancel the label for an order.
This app also helps Shopify merchants to generate labels for orders in bulk, schedule pickup, and shipment tracking. To know more, visit the Shopify FedEx App.
In case you face any issues or have any questions regarding the app, Contact PluginHive Customer Support and we will help you resolve any issues.
Good luck 🙂