How to Set Up UPS Shipping Rates & Labels with Tracking Magento Extension?
This article gives you step-by-step instructions to set up Live UPS shipping rates, shipping label printing and UPS shipment tracking using Magento UPS Shipping Rates & Labels with Tracking extension.
Configure UPS Account Credentials for Magento
- Visit your Magento Admin dashboard and under Store, click on Configuration
- Visit the Sales section and click on Shipping Methods
- Click on PluginHive UPS Shipping Module
Here you need to Enable the UPS Shipping Method and set up your UPS Credentials. You would require the following from FedEx:
- UPS Account Number
- User ID
- Access Token
If you are using Production Credentials, select Yes under the Product Credentials field. You can validate whether the credentials are correct or not by clicking the Validate button.
Set Up Real-Time UPS Shipping Rates at Magento Checkout
- In order to get the real-time shipping rates from UPS at your Magento checkout page, select Yes under Enable Real-Time Shipping Rates
- Based on your preferences, you can select from various UPS shipping services by clicking the checkbox in front of the services, as shown in the image below.
- The extension also allows you to set up Price Adjustment based on your preferences for each UPS shipping service. You can choose to enter the Fixed Value or a Percentage increase or decrease (with a minus ‘-‘ sign). The rates displayed on the checkout page will be calculated as per the adjustment provided here.
Set Up UPS Parcel Packing Methods
- By default, the extension provides Weight Based Packing to calculate shipping rates by UPS. Under weight-based, you need to define a Max Weight value that will be used to determine the products packed in a single package. Once the weight reaches the Max Weight value, the extension automatically increases the package to accommodate additional products.
- The extension also supports Box Packing for merchants who use either UPS Standard Boxers or their own packaging to ship. By default, the extension supports the following UPS Boxes,
- UPS Letter
- UPS Small Express Box
- UPS Medium Express Box
- UPS Large Express Box
- UPS 10 Kg Box
- UPS 25 Kg Box
- UPS Tube
- UPS PAK
In case you are using your own packaging, you can create Custom Boxes by clicking on Add Box
Display Real-Time UPS Shipping Rates on Magento Checkout Page
- Once the setup is complete, place a product in cart and add the address
- The extension will display the real-time UPS shipping rates and all available services on the checkout page as shown below.
- Select a service based on your preferences and click on Next
- Place the order successfully
Automatically Generate Packages for your Magento Orders
- Once the order in Processing status, visit the UPS Shipping Labels tab, as shown below
- Click on Generate Packages. This will automatically generate a package for the order based on the Parcel Packing Method you have selected
Select UPS Service to Print Shipping Labels
- Select the service for which you want to print UPS shipping labels. By default, the service with which the customer has placed the order will be selected.
Generate and Download UPS Shipping Labels
- Click on Generate Labels and the shipping label will be generated along with the UPS tracking details
- Click on Download Label to download the Commercial Invoice as well as the Shipping Label(s)
Automatically Send UPS Shipment Tracking Details to Customers
- Once the shipping labels are printed, the UPS shipment tracking details will be sent to the customers via email
Generate and Download UPS Return Shipping Labels
- You can also choose to generate UPS return shipping labels for your preferred service. Select the UPS shipping service from the dropdown and click on Generate Return Label
- Once the UPS label and the tracking details are generated, click on Download Return Label to get the UPS Return Shipping Label
Sync UPS Shipping & Tracking Details to Magento Orders
- After successfully completing the order fulfillment, a shipment will be automatically generated with the UPS shipping and tracking details, as shown below
For more details or queries, please visit our support team. We will surely help you.